six

johnny's pov

"come on, let's go watch some movies." kenzie suggests, grabbing a bag of popcorn. at this point, melissa has moved on from me and is now squeezing the life out of lauren. kenzie practically has to pry her off of laur, and then grabs lauren and my arms lightly. the three of us run upstairs to her room, lauren and kenzie giggling as they trip over each other.

"where's maddie?" lauren asks, looking around.

"college. i'm lonely." kenzie pouts jokingly.

"fuck, i really wanted to meet her again." i sighed.

"same." lauren groaned.

"i know, i miss her." kenz says with a sigh as she throws open the door to her room dramatically.

"cute." lauren giggles. "your room is like 20x more aesthetic than mine."

the girls plop down on the bed, and i hesitate and then sit by the end of the bed, leaning my back against the wooden frame. lauren and kenzie lie down, dangling their upper bodies off of the mattress on either side of me.

"come on, i sat on the floor to get away from you guys!" i moan, but honestly, i don't really care. kenzie giggles and pulls at my hair. lauren does too and i roll my eyes. "you guys are so annoying."

"us?" lauren gasps.

"annoying?" mackenzie shrieks.

"whatever," i laugh. "what movie are we watching?"

"titanic?" kenzie suggests, sitting up on the bed.

"yes!" lauren shouts.

"never seen it." i shrug.

"well, we're watching it." kenzie declares. she starts the movie and halfway through, both the girls are sobbing. i stare at the screen in confusion.

"i don't get it, this isn't sad at all."

"you heartless idiot." kenzie manages through her tears as she tosses a pillow at my head.

"ow!" i complain, glaring at her. she shrugs. lauren laughs, despite her tear-stricken eyes. i glare at her too, then turn back to the screen. growing bored, i climb up on to the bed and sit next to my sister.

"ew. kenz, switch?" lauren shoves me away, and kenzie giggles and switches spots with her.

"i'm gonna miss you." lauren sings pityfully as she rests her head on kenzie's shoulder. i do the same on kenzie's other shoulder.

"will you text?" i ask. i don't ask in a rude way, or at least not on purpose, but at my words lauren and kenzie exchange a glance.

"i don't know." kenzie mumbles, suddenly growing stiff.

what does she mean, she doesn't know?

"what do you mean, you don't know?" i ask, trying to keep my voice level. i can hear anger edging my words, like flames burning the edge of a paper, going in and in until the papers gone and only ashes are left. "don't you understand how annoying it is to wait day after day for your text back, for your weekly facetime, only to realize you've blocked me on fucking everything? i don't believe you, mackenzie. you're so fucked up. we can act like you didn't do all this shit, like you didn't throw years of friendship down the drain, but you did, and it's all your fucking fault! everything is your fucking fault!" im almost screaming. kenzie's eyes are wide. lauren looks upset.

kenzie climbs over me and runs to the bathroom, and with a single glance at her red face i can tell she's about to cry.

"john, what the fuck?" lauren shrieks. "you need to apologize!"

"why are you justifying this?" i shout back. "you don't even know what it feels like!"

"yes, john, i do! she was my best friend, too."

"but you didn't-" i cut myself short. i almost said you didn't love her. that makes no sense. i don't love kenzie, not that way. i just like her.

i'm pretty sure.

an// i always post at like 1am bc that's when i get all my writing inspo oops ;) i've written out almost the whole fanfic and i edit a lot, that's an easier style for me and also helps me to upload regularly!
-ria :(: <3