twenty one

johnny's pov

today kenzie is coming over to our hotel room, and i can hardly wait. she's become a necessity in my life, im convinced that i'll die without her.

ding dong. we have to buzz her in. "i'll get it!" lauren shouts as i scramble to run from the room. oh, i forgot to mention, laurens gonna be here too.

"hey!" i hear the door open. they embrace and giggle, and then i reach them.

"hi!" kenzie exclaims happily, and i smile and peck her lips.

"get a room." lauren gags as she grabs kenzie's arm and pulls her away. great. this is gonna be a fun afternoon, i can tell.

we hang out in the hotel for a while, just watching movies and going on our phones.

"i have to use the bathroom." lauren announces, standing up and leaving. finally.

i lean over to kenzie, and she lies her head on my lap. "i was waiting for that bitch to leave us alone." i say.

"shut it, she's my best friend!" kenzie gasps.

"she's my sister!" i protest, laughing.

"nope, bad choice. no kisses for you!" kenzie giggles teasingly.

"what?" i mock gasp.

"you heard me!" kenzie sticks out her tongue at me.

"fine, whatever." i murmur as i slide my hand up her thigh slowly. she shivers. "i'll just leave you alone, i guess." i slide my fingers up higher and abruptly move my hand off of her body.

"oh, fuck you." kenzie groans. "i take it back." she leans up to kiss me, and i kiss her back. our kiss grows intimate and soon we're making out. i hear the bathroom door slam shut.

shit, lauren. i pull away quickly, and as does kenzie.

"you guys done sucking each other's faces off?" lauren scoffs.

"no, but i'll stop for your sake." i smirk, annoying lauren further.

"i cant decide if it's amazing or totally shitty that you guys are dating!" lauren says, but i can tell she's not that angry. she flops down next to us and kenzie and her snuggle up to one another.
.
"sisters before misters!" kenzie recites, bubbling in laughter as i protest. lauren laughs too.

"get lost, john!" laur adds cheerfully.

in response i flip them off, and then the two of them collapse into laughter.

"let's appreciate this before we all get totally sick of one another." kenzie says.

"too late, i've spent every day of my week with you guys and i'm going insane." lauren adds.

"i already hated lauren." i shrug.

"and me?" kenzie asks, a smile lingering on her lips.

"never."

"awww!" kenzie squeals as she leans against my chest happily.

"gross!" lauren rolls her eyes. [an/ lauren is me, bye.]

"shut up." kenzie laughs.

my phone lights up and i realize i've got a text. i thumb in my password quickly. it's hayden, my best friend from pittsburgh, and laurens ex, and apparently laurens side piece?

hayden
hey bro i've got news

me
that u screwed my sister?
cuz i already knew that
and u got explaining to do

hayden
fuck

me
ik u fucked her shut up ab that

hayden
tHATS NOT WHAT I MEANT ASSHOLE
and sorry but
im coming to la next weekend !
and also fuck u guys for leaving me

me
wait seriously
i hAVE TO TELL LAUR
and u have to meet kenz!

hayden
the girl who ur mom has pictures of all over ur house?
and the one u talk about all the time?
she's in la?

me
yes and i don't talk about her that much

hayden
....

me
whatever dude
she's my girlfriend now
she and laur are next to me rn

hayden
tell laur i say hi and i miss her

me
#layden

hayden
stfu

"laur, hayden says hi and he misses you." i recite, smiling. lauren turns crimson and snatches my phone from me, skimming the texts.

"he's coming to la?" she squeals.

"apparently." i laugh as kenzie looks over lauren's shoulder to read the texts.

"aw, you guys are so cute!" kenzie giggles. in response, lauren tosses a pillow at her head. i smile. "and john," kenzie continues, dodging the pillow. "i think it's adorable that you talk about me all the time."

"shut up, i don't!" i laugh.

"hayden doesn't seem like one to lie." kenzie shrugs sarcastically as we share a smile. and then my heart skips a beat.

i don't think i could ever be happier than i am when i'm with kenzie. she's the only girl i've ever loved, not that i could ever tell her that. i haven't even told her i love her. it's too early.

i don't want to scare her off, i can't lose her.

an. how was all of your day? i hope it went well xo. :)
-ria