Only Told The Moon

I pulled off at the beach.
I got out of my car and searched for the handsome boy with the pair of hazel eyes. I suddenly noticed him sitting by the beach, on a blanket, with what looked like a little basket.
I went up to him, and put my hand on his back.
"Hey. Sorry for making you wait", I sat down next to him.
"It's ok. You came just in time for the beautiful sunset", he cracked a smile, and stared at the sun disappearing in the ocean.
We both sat down and admired the sunset for a few moments. Then, he broke the silence: "I didn't know what you'd want to eat, but I remembered you said you like bananas", he opened the basket, and revealed a bowl full of fruit salad, containing a huge amount of nicely sliced bananas.
"Wow", I was at a loss for words.
"Do you like it?", he asked.
"Yes. I like you a lot", I stared into his eyes.
He didn't know what to say. That was a very straightforward confession, that he was not expecting to hear so soon from me.
"I like you too", he replied, staring into my eyes as well.
All of a sudden, a little kid was running behind us and blatantly shouted: "Kiss!"
We both laughed awkwardly, and quickly looked away from each other.
"That was awkward", I giggled.
"A little, yeah", he smiled.
"Tell me about yourself Austin", I tried to change the subject.
"What do you want to know?", he replied.
"Where do you live?"
"I'm originally from Texas, but I moved here a year ago", he answered.
"Oh, wow, you live in South Miami?", I asked surprisingly.
"Yeah. I live about 10 minutes away from here", he stared at the ocean.
I was very surprised to know that he lives so close to me. I've always been a huge believer in destiny. That thing can cause some hella weird shit to happen.
"And are you working? Like, what are you currently doing with your life?", I giggled.
"I'm not working. My parents spoil me. But I do like making music in my free time", he responded.

Austin was incredibly sweet, charming, he paid attention to the little details, and he liked making music.
Whoever it may be up there, they did a pretty good job bringing him into my life.
"That's literally my favorite thing in the whole world", I said excitedly.
"That's so crazy. I feel exactly the same", his lips curved into a big smile.
"We're very alike", I smiled back.
"Do you write songs?", he asked.
"Yes. Mostly sad ones about my terrible love life", I said giggling.
"You have to show me", he said.
"Not a chance", I smirked.
"Please! Let me see, just one", he insisted.
"But It's so personal, I don't know if I'm ready yet", I smiled.
We stayed silent for a moment. He stared deeply into my eyes, like it was a scene from a dramatic love story.
"Trust me", he said.
I stared back into his eyes. And somehow, that guy whom I barely knew, managed to convince me to share such a personal piece of myself with him.
I opened my phone, and searched for something that I wrote in my notes. I quickly found a draft of an old song that I wrote, and was about to read it to him.
"Ready?", I asked nervously.
"Yeah", he smiled broadly.
I glanced at him, and looked back at my phone. I started reading: "Stay back, stay long. And you, move on. I stress, come close. Move on, please don't. I only told the moon, tonight up on the roof. I told her that I'm scared that all my thoughts they look like you. I only told the moon, about the way you move. I asked her to please tell me if you tell things to her to", I raised my eyes from the screen and noticed him smiling.
"What did you think", I smiled softly.
"This is.. Beautiful. I have no words".
We both didn't say anything, but mutually leaned in for a kiss. Our lips crashed together, and I quickly felt his arm grabbing my waist gently.
I cupped his cheeks, as he was pulling me closer to his body with both of his arms. He reached for my back, whilst his tongue was entering my mouth.
He was being so gentle, that I didn't even resist him touching me and grabbing my body.
He started pushing me to lay down, while still kissing me passionately.
I laid down on the blanket, and continued cupping his face with my hands. He got on top of me, and started kissing my neck.
But all of a sudden, I felt uncomfortable. His hands were touching all over my body, but I didn't enjoy it. I was hoping to feel those butterflies Lauren and I were talking about, but that guy on top of me just couldn't get me to feel them. He noticed that something was off and stopped kissing me.
"What happened?", he was still on top of me.
"I have to go", I muttered.
He quickly moved and let me get up.
"Did I do something wrong?", he asked worryingly.
"No, everything's fine", I started dusting the sand off of my dress, "I'm not feeling well".
I grabbed my stuff and walked away, leaving him confused and disappointed.
I got into my car, and drove off.
I was very confused. I didn't fully processed what had just happened.
And all I wanted at that moment was to talk to Lauren.