Just A Dream

"I'm sorry that it took me so long", Lauren said while cupping my face with the both of her hands.
"What's important is that you're here right now, right?", I answered while holding her hands, which were holding my cheeks.
"You know, I never imagined this would happen between us", she said.
"What do you mean?", I asked smilingly.
"You're my best friend, that's so fucking crazy", She replied.
"I don't find it that crazy. You're the person I care about the most, and you're my best friend cause you know me better than anyone else. If anything, dating your best friend is the most logical thing to do", I giggled.
We both laughed and smiled awkwardly at each other. Then Lauren's eyes shifted from my eyes to my lips.
"Have I ever told you that you have the most beautiful, luscious lips in the whole world?", she said while staring at my lips.
"I don't know, have you?", I asked playfully.
"I don't know either but I would love to have a taste of them", she leaned in to kiss me, when all of a sudden I leaned backwards and stopped her from doing so.
"You can't", I said and left her confused.
"What the fuck are you doing", she giggled and tried to kiss me again but I pulled away.
"What is wrong with you?", her smile faded all of a sudden.
"I told you, you can't", I replied.
"Why?", she seemed upset.
"Cause this is just a dream", I responded.
"What?", she asked in confusion.
"You're dreaming, Lo"

Suddenly Lauren woke up from this dream in the middle of the night.
"Fuck!", she shouted and smacked the bed with her hand.
She returned to sleep, knowing that everything was just a dream. The morning arrived, and she woke up feeling like trash.
You know how sometimes you sleep for so long, that when you wake up you feel like every second you've been sleeping isn't worth a thing? That's how Lauren was feeling.
She got up and brushed her teeth, then she headed to her closet, and picked up a cute dress with a jean jacket to put on top of it.
Fun fact about Lauren: she wears her jean jacket every time she's about to do something crazy.
She got ready and headed to my house. As she arrived, she nocked at the door. The one who opened the door for her was my little sister, Sofi.
"Lauren!", the little girl yelled and hugged Lauren tightly, totally surprised to see her standing at her door.
"Hi cutie!", Lauren said smilingly and hugged her back.
"What are you doing here?", Sofi pulled away from hugging Lauren to ask her.
"I.. Came to see Camila", Lauren responded.
"She's not here right now, but come in", she entered the house and Lauren followed her.
As they got into the living room, Lauren noticed my grandma sitting on the couch, folding laundry. Once Mercedes noticed Lauren, a big smile appeared on her face and she stopped folding the clothes in order to hug her.
"Lauren!", abuela said excitedly.
"Abuelita!", Lauren smiled broadly and wrapped her arms around Mercedes while pulling her in for a warm embrace.
"¿Dónde has estado? We've missed you", my grandmother pulled away from the hug and smiled at Lauren.
"Yo tambien te extrañe", Lauren answered and cracked a smile, " ¿Dónde está Camila?"
"She went to pick up mom and dad from the airport", she suddenly heard Sofi's voice from the other room.
"When did she leave?", Lauren asked Sofi.
"I don't know, something like two hours ago. She should be back any minute", the little girl answered her.
'Two hours ago? That's a long time, the airport is 20 minutes away..'- Lauren thought to herself.
"Lauren, can you come play with me?", the little girl called from the other room.
"Sure", Lauren walked towards Sofi and sat down to play with her.
They started playing with an old puzzle that Lauren got me a few years ago, cause no one knows better than her how obsessed I am with puzzles.
"Lauren?", Sofi suddenly spoke.
"Yeah?", she replied.
"Why don't you visit us more?", sofi asked while trying to connect two pieces that doesn't belong together.
"You're right. I should do that more often", Lauren took the pieces and helped her put it correctly.
Then all of a sudden, abuela got a call from an unknown caller.
"Hello?", she picked up.
Lauren kept playing with Sofi, but at the same time was trying to listen to the conversation abuela was having in the other room.
"What?!", Mercedes raised her voice all of a sudden.
Lauren got up and entered the living room, trying to understand what was happening. She suddenly noticed abuela's face fell.
"What happened?", Lauren asked worryingly.
"Ok, ok. Thank you", Mercedes hung up the phone, "Lauren", she mumbled.
"What?!", Lauren started freaking out.
"They got in a car crash", my grandmother said and left Lauren speechless.