Forever With You

Lauren headed to Austin's house. Once she arrived she knocked on his door.
Austin opened the door, and spread his arms open, accepting Lauren into a warm embrace.
They both entered the house and sat at the living room, on Austin's furry couch.
"Woah, that shit's so soft", Lauren said while touching the couch with her hand.
"Yeah, Camila used to love playing with the fur", he cracked a soft smile.
Lauren glanced at him and smiled too, but her smile was a little more forced than his.
"So what do you want to do?", he asked her.
"Can you bring your guitar?"
"Of course"
Austin got up and went to bring his guitar from his room. He came back to the living with his beautiful wooden guitar and handed it to Lauren.
"Oh, I can't play", she spoke, "I thought maybe you would play it for me", she added.
"No problem", he took the guitar back, "Do you have the chords?", he sat down on the couch.
"Yeah, she wrote everything in the notebook", Lauren opened the notebook on the last page, where I wrote "Consequences" on.
"I don't sing as good as her", she glanced at him and then returned to look at the notebook.
He smiled and started playing.
Lauren started singing, and perfected every word with her angelic voice.
Once she finished singing, Austin was left in total awe of what came out of her mouth.
"Your voice is insane, Lauren", he said excitedly.
"Thank you so much", she cracked a smile.
"So what's the plan?", he asked.
"There isn't a plan. I just want to perpetuate her memory", she replied.
"Do you want to record it at least?"
"Yeah, that's a good idea", she responded excitedly.
"Then let's go", he smiled and got up.
"What? Where?", she asked in confusion.
"Just come", he gestured her to follow him.
She got up and went after him.
They entered his room, and she noticed a bunch of recording equipment at the corner of his room.
"No fucking way, you record stuff here?", she explored his big room.
"Yeah, my parents helped me buy all this stuff, they're the best", he smiled.
"That's fucking awesome!", she looked at him.
"Let's start", he sat down on his rolling chair.
He started recording the piano, using the chords I wrote in the notebook.
When he finished playing, he got up and adjusted the microphone to Lauren's height.
"Let's go", he spoke and gestured her to stand in front of the microphone.
She hesitated for a few seconds.
"Don't be shy", he giggled, "Come on, you have a beautiful voice", he added.
Lauren gave up on her unnecessary self criticism, and stood in front of the mic, ready to record the song.
"Great, tell me when you're ready and I'll start recording", he spoke.
"I'm ready", she responded.
"I'm proud of you", he gazed at her with a soft smile, then his eyes shifted to the computer and he started recording.
It took Lauren something like 2 takes to get everything perfect. She didn't need any fixing, cause her voice was flawless, as always. And the most important thing was, you could feel her emotions with every single word. So the track was perfect just as it was.
Austin sent her the song and got up from his chair, to give her a warm hug.
He pulled away from the hug and stared into her captivating green eyes.
"Camila would've been so proud of you", he spoke.
Lauren cracked a smile and looked down.
"I needed to do that. This song is the most beautiful thing someone has ever written about me", she replied.
"It is", he replied.
Lauren looked at him and cracked a soft smile.
"Thank you for doing this, Austin", she spoke, "You're a good guy", she added.
"It's the least I could do", he smiled back.
He wrapped his arms around her body and hugged her for the last time before she left the house.
Lauren got to her house, and went to her room. She reached for her headphones, and calmed herself down to the tune of Lana Del Rey's old songs. Then, she went to her drawer, and pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.
Something in her told her to write down her feelings, so she did.
"Hi. This is kinda weird.. I've never written a letter to someone who is, well... Not here anymore. But I just wanted to express to you how things have changed since we last talked. I find it hard to be myself again. I lost interest in things that used to make me happy, cause nothing makes me happy anymore. I miss your warmth, the touch of your fingers on my hair, our kisses. I miss our deep conversations about life and love, and even our stupid conversations when I drink a little too much and burn our pancakes. I regret not discovering the love I have for you sooner, cause If I realized how in love I am with you a little earlier, we might've had more time to love each other. But I am happy that I had the chance to tell you how I feel, and I'm thankful for the short time that we did have. Cause every second seems like forever with you. And even though you're not here to spend your seconds with me, you'll still be in my heart and in my mind, forever.
I love you more than words could even express,
Lauren."

She teared up a little writing this letter.
And then, between all the tears, a soft smiled appeared on Lauren's face. She put the letter underneath her pillow, and lied down on the bed.
She opened her phone, and put on the song she recorded in Austin's studio.
'Loving you did have consequences, Camila', her mind whispered, 'But I do not regret a single part of it'.