Can't Wait To Come Back

I looked over at my parents, and I have to admit, I was a little scared of their reaction.
My mom put her hand on my thigh and her lips curved into a smile.
"You know we love you no matter what, right?", she said smilingly.
"When your mother's right, she's right", my dad cracked a smile.
"I just love you guys", I spread my arms open once again, allowing them to give me another warm embrace.
My parents have always been the warmest people I've ever known. And I'm lucky to even call myself their daughter, and to be able to learn from them how to better myself every day.
"We love you, you're our angel", my dad replied.
"Wait, I'm not done", I smiled, "I have something exciting to tell you", I added, and looked over at Lauren.
"What?", she looked at me in confusion and giggled awkwardly.
"Come here", I gestured her to come next to me.
Lauren walked towards the bed and stood next to me. I reached for her hand, making our fingers interlock.
"Lauren and I have always been best friends, as you guys know. But just recently we discovered that we both want to be a little more that. And we couldn't be happier", I said smilingly.
My amazing parents clapped for us and my mom was even holding back some tears of joy. She's always been emotional like that.
I laid a soft kiss on Lauren's hand and smiled at her. It was so cute to see how embarrassed she was, but I could also see the happiness in her eyes.
We all chatted and laughed together, and I was having the best time of my life, even though my whole body was aching. Cause the physical pain I was feeling was so little compared to the happiness I was feeling inside.
After a few hours my parents left the room, in order to take some medical tests.
Lauren and I were left alone in the room.
She got on top of the bed and lied next to me once again. My head was resting beneath her chin, and she was laying a few kisses on my head.
"You know, I missed your body", I suddenly spoke.
"Two weeks of sleeping with me wasn't enough for you, miss Cabello?", she giggled.
"No. Cause you weren't in love with me then", I replied.
She continued kissing my head.
"I was, kinda", she responded.
"It doesn't count. I want to sleep with you now, when we're both in love with each other", I put my hand on her chest.
"Once you return home we're gonna do whatever you want, I promise", she kissed the top of my hand.
"I can't wait to come back home", I raised my head to look at her.
She cupped my cheek with her hand and crashed her lips into mine. Her lips tasted like cotton candy, and her body smelled like fresh cut lemons. The mix of the two made my whole body shiver, and I sank into the kiss.
Once we pulled away from kissing, she pressed her forehead against mine.
"Can you sing to me the song that you wrote about me?", she suddenly asked.
"What?", I giggled.
"I want to hear your beautiful voice", she cupped my cheek with her hand.
I stared deeply into her pair of captivating green eyes. I don't know how, but this girl somehow convinced me to sing to her again, but this time without any guitar accompanying my singing. I never do that usually, cause I'm a little insecure about my voice. But Lauren was able to get me to do everything for her.

"Loving you was young, and wild, and free.. Loving you was cool, and hot, and sweet..
Loving you was sunshine, safe and sound.. A steady place, to let down my defenses..
But loving you had consequences"

I was staring into Lauren's eyes the whole time, and I noticed her eyes welled up. Once I finished singing I stroked her cheek with my thumb, and laid a soft kiss on her lips.
"I don't ever want you to cry because of my songs", my lips curved into a smile.
"You're the most precious thing I've ever witnessed", she responded and cracked a soft smile.
We both stayed silent for a few moments, and stared deeply into each other's eyes.
"Do you still think that loving me has consequences?", she suddenly spoke.
"Not anymore", I replied. "You're all I ever wanted", I added.
"But I hurt you so much", she spoke, "I can feel the pain you were feeling through these lyrics", she said.
"I was devastated at first. I just wanted you to love me back", I noticed my words made her feel guilty so I immediately continued, "But it doesn't matter now. We both made mistakes. All that matters right now is that we're together", I cupped her cheek.
"I feel like shit for making you go through this", she said.
"Lo, this song belongs to the past. Just forget about it, I don't ever want to make you feel guilty", I insisted.
Her lips curved into a smile, and she ran her hand through my hair.
"I don't want to forget about it. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard", she assured me.
I cracked a smile too, hearing those words come out of her mouth. Having the person you love the most compliment you about the thing you are most passionate about is the greatest feeling ever.
I crashed my lips into hers and breathed her in.

The night arrived, and we both went to sleep cuddled up in each other's arms.
Then, in the middle of night, my head starting aching all of a sudden.
It was 3am and I didn't want to wake Lauren up, but I was moving a lot in bed cause of the pain I was feeling, so she woke up eventually.
"What happened?", she noticed I was uncomfortable.
"My head hurts", I closed my eyes trying to avoid the pain with no success, "It fucking hurts, I feel like shit", I was still restless.
She quickly got up and started freaking out.
"Can you bring me water?", I asked.
"Not a chance, I'm calling the doctor", she ran to search for a doctor.
Lauren came back to the room with two doctors which were putting me on a stretcher and taking me to the emergency room. Lauren was walking with them next to me, holding my hands and crying.
"I love you", she said while her voice was shaking.
"Don't cry beautiful, I'll be okay", I tried to wipe her tears but the doctors were moving the stretcher too fast.
"I love you", I glanced at her.
"I'll love you till the end of time", Lauren laid a kiss on my lips for the last time before they took me into the emergency room.
She couldn't come with me inside, so she stayed outside the door.
Once the door closed she fell down on the ground and burst into tears, while burying her face in her hands. My parents weren't informed of my situation yet, so she was left there alone, crying her eyes out without no one to comfort her.