A Special Night

After Lauren rejected me, and I rejected Austin, all I wanted was to go home. I didn't answer Lauren's call, and to be completely honest, I didn't want to talk to her. I usually don't let my ego get in the way, but after all she did hurt me, so I don't blame myself for being a little petty for once. I got home and went into my room. I put my keys on the table and got in bed.
"Kaki!", I suddenly heard a familiar voice yelling my name from the living room. It was Sofi.
"What?", I yelled back from my room.
She suddenly entered the room. She jumped on my bed and sat next to me. Her goofy self made me giggle. I truly love my sister, she reminds me of myself.
"How are you Sof?", I wrapped my arms around her.
"I'm good, where were you Kaki?", she asked.
"I was at Lauren's house. Did you miss me Kaki?"
"Yes, mom and dad came home 15 minutes ago and went to sleep, I'm bored", she responded.
I looked at the time, it was 11pm.
"What do you mean bored, you should be already asleep Sofi", we both giggled.
"I couldn't fall asleep. Can I sleep in your room tonight?", she asked me.
"Sure", I laid a kiss on her forehead.
She quickly got under the blanket and cuddled me. After a few seconds she was already asleep.
Some people would be annoyed at the thought of letting your sibling sleep in your bed, but for me personally it's a good thing. It makes me happy to know that my sister needs my warmth sometimes.
Suddenly I got another call from Lauren. I didn't want to wake Sofi up, and I didn't want to answer Lauren as well. So I texted her.
'I'm next to Sofi and she's asleep. What do you want?"
That text sounded cold. I was hoping she wouldn't be mad, but at the same time I did want her to notice that I was hurt.
After a few minutes I got a text back from her.
"So you can't talk?"
If I really wanted to, I would simply go to another room and talk to her. But it was late at night, and I preferred to go to sleep.
"Tomorrow, ok? I'm going to sleep"
I waited for her response before putting my phone away and falling asleep.
"Ok, come over when you wake up. Good night sweets"
That text made me smile. Like I said before, Lauren and I can't be mad at each other for more than two minutes. And even when she does things that I don't appreciate, at the end of the day nothing will ever make me stop loving her.

The morning arrived, and I got out of bed to search something to wear in my closet. I found a cute loose dress, so I put it on and headed to Lauren's house.
I knocked on the door, and waited for her to answer.
"Come in", she yelled from inside.
"Hi", I said while entering the house and searching for Lauren.
She got out of the kitchen holding a plate with a bunch of pancakes.
"Made these using the recipe you gave me a while ago. They're so good, you have to try", she sat at the table and signed me to come sit with her. I sat at the table and tasted one of the pancakes.
"Wow, that's really good", I smiled while enjoying the sweet flavor of the pancake in my mouth.
"Told you", she smiled.
As I continued eating, I thought about the reason I came to Lauren's house.
"Do you want to talk?", I asked while my mouth was half full.
"Yeah", she nodded.
"So?", I took another bite.
"Nothing special, I just want to talk to you", she said.
I was a little confused. She said she wanted to talk to me, so I thought she was going to bring up a certain thing that happened between us.
"Wait, you don't want to tell me anything?", I asked in hopes that she would regret rejecting me.
"Umm, no?", she cracked a smile, "But do you have something interesting to tell me?", she grabbed a pancake and took a bite.
'Why is she asking this? How does she know I was with Austin?"- I thought to myself.
"I don't think so", I answered.
"What did you do yesterday after you left my house?", she asked.
"Why are you asking asking this?", I was a little confused.
"Well, I went on my Instagram yesterday and I saw what Sofi posted on her story. It was a picture of herself I think, and she captioned it 'home alone' or something like that", she took another bite, "So where were you?"
I don't know why, but I decided to tell her the truth.
"I went to Austin", I responded.
She seemed a little surprised.
"Really?", she raised her eyebrows in shock, "Are you guys still a thing?", she got up and went to the kitchen to bring us something to drink.
"We haven't spoken for a while but I missed him, so I went to his house", I said and looked at her.
I noticed she was a little uncomfortable, like it bothered her to hear about me and Austin. So I took advantage of that and continued.
"It was the best decision ever, he is so good to me", I tried to make her jealous.
She came back from the kitchen with two glasses of hot cocoa.
"I'm glad to hear, Camzi. What did you guys do?", she sat down next to me.
"It was a special night", I responded.
I didn't know if I should tell her that he tried to sleep with me and I rejected him. I didn't want to tell her, cause I enjoyed making her jealous.
"A special night?", she smirked, "what do you mean?", she took a sip from her hot cocoa.
"We fucked", I said sharply.
She choked on her drink, which made me giggle inside.

I'm not a liar. I sometimes avoid certain questions or certain people, I usually tell others what I think they would want to hear, and I always try my best to hide my feelings from the world, and from myself. But I'm not a liar. I just don't see the point of manipulating people into thinking you're something that you're not. So I don't know why I decided to lie. It's not like me.