Happiness

Kim Namjoon was usually lonely when he woke up in the morning. Though the sun was always there to greet him, the twenty-five year old English professor found his quiet home almost unbearable.

Yet, it all changed when he met Kim Seokjin, a children's doctor he had met five years ago in a coffee shop.

Namjoon immediately spotted the cute looking doctor sipping a latte in the corner of the coffee shop. He went to go join the lonely looking man, his heart taking full control as everything else faded away.

Two months after the coffee shop encounter, Seokjin and Namjoon officially started dating.

Seokjin always took him to the markets where they sold the best street food Seoul could offer. Namjoon in return would take Seokjin to fairs and occasionally a beachside boardwalk.

Two years after they started dating, Namjoon proposed to Seokjin in the same coffee shop where they met. Namjoon had suggested going there for a coffee on their two year anniversary and secretly, he carried a box containing a sparkling, silver ring with a small diamond in the center.

Once they ordered their drinks and picked a seat, Namjoon presented the older with a fresh bouquet of flowers. Yet, Seokjin's curiosity spiked when Namjoon got on a knee to find something he had dropped.

Only his curiosity turned to surprise when his boyfriend pulled out a black velvet box from his pocket and opened it to reveal the ring inside.

Namjoon only got to the middle of his proposal when Seokjin screamed yes and tackled him to the ground, peppering his face with kisses as tears fell from both their eyes.

On that day, Namjoon became the happiest man in the world.

~X~

Namjoon always was the first one to wake up. Five years of teaching at a university had programmed his body to wake up at seven thirty or so.

Sitting up on the bed, Namjoon ran a hand through his sleep tousled black hair and yawned. Turning his head, the man felt his lips soften into a smile when he saw Seokjin still buried underneath the covers.

The older's blonde hair stood out against the slate grey pillowcase and stuck out in every direction. His lips were slightly parted and his body rose and fell with each breath, a sight Namjoon would never grow tired of.

But, it was when the light caught on Seokjin's hand did Namjoon's smile widen.

There on his fourth finger, a beautiful gold wedding band rested. The sun reflected off the ring and Namjoon found himself gazing at the similar one on his own finger.

Leaning down, Namjoon kissed his husband's temple lovingly and smiled when Seokjin's eyes fluttered open.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Namjoon cooed and gave the older another kiss.

"Ewww. You smell like sweat and bad decisions," Seokjin groaned and buried his head underneath a pillow, earning a laugh from the younger. However, his drowsiness soon disappeared when Namjoon draped himself over Seokjin like a blanket.

"Well I'm not the one who got absolutely drunk in a karaoke bar," Namjoon teased and saw his husband flush with embarrassment.

"Excuse me but I nailed that one Whitney Houston song perfectly and I was drunk. Still got a hundred for my score though," Seokjin bragged and turned around to give Namjoon a kiss on the lips.

"Is there anything my husband can't do?" Namjoon wondered as he rested his head on the blonde's chest, hearing the familiar rhythm of Seokjin's heartbeat.

"We've got a big day ahead of us, Joonie."

"Why's that, love?"

"We've got tons of cleaning to do," Seokjin explained, giggling when Namjoon groaned and pulled the covers up to his chin.

"Can't I just cuddle with my gorgeous husband for today? I need a recharge," Namjoon whined and pouted cutely at Seokjin.

"If this is your way of getting out of cleaning, then I'm sorry to say it's not working. Besides, you've got a week's worth of Jin Energy in you," Seokjin pointed out and smirked suggestively at the ravenette, who blushed at the mentioning of last night's activities.

"Buuut~! I am in the mood to cuddle with my husband. Can I cuddle you Joooooniee~?"

"I thought we had cleaning to do," Namjoon reminded and climbed on top of Seokjin.

"Cleaning can wait. I'm in the mood for some Joonie."

||~||

An hour later, Namjoon and Seokjin began to clean their home.

Namjoon was busy vacuuming the living room while Seokjin straightened up the two spare rooms upstairs.

The couple had been stressed lately since tomorrow would be the day they picked up their adopted sons.

For the last month or so, Namjoon and Seokjin had been busy buying furniture for the two rooms upstairs and toys for their new additions. While it was a stressful time, Namjoon and Seokjin were more than thrilled to shop for clothes, toys, décor, and furnishings for their soon to be kids.

"NAMJOOOOOON!" Seokjin hollered from upstairs and the aforementioned ran up the stairs, which was a bad idea since he nearly tripped after missing a step twice. He arrived in the first spare bedroom to see Seokjin holding up two pairs of pillowcases, one bright blue and the other a car printed one.

"Yes babe?"

"Remember those sheets we bought from IKEA a few weeks ago?" Seokjin asked worriedly and Namjoon nodded.

"Well I was making the beds and I realized that what if the boys fight over their sheets?! Maybe one of them likes cars and gets mad if the other gets the car sheet while he's stuck with a boring blue one?!" the older panicked, which made Namjoon wrap his arms around his waist from behind and kiss Seokjin's cheek.

"Babe it's fine. I don't think they'll mind who's gonna get which sheet. Besides, they'd be over the moon to know you picked their sheets with care," Namjoon assured as he fixed a pillow into the car printed casing and placed it on the bed.

"It's just that I've been stressed about this for over a month now. I'm really worried that the boys won't like it here so I made sure that every detail is perfect. I'm sorry for not telling you, baby," Seokjin admitted and hugged a pillow close to his chest.

"Awe. My little baby worries so much. You'll get white hairs if you keep worrying too much, baby," Namjoon murmured into Seokjin's hair.

"Are you calling me old, Kim Namjoon?!" Seokjin gasped and swatted Namjoon in the stomach with a pillow before tackling the younger onto the bed. Attacking Namjoon's sides with his long fingers, Seokjin delighted at the joyous sounds of Namjoon's laughter and found himself laughing as well.

Lacing their fingers together, the older smiled lovingly at Namjoon and kissed his forehead, which made the latter wrap his arms around Seokjin's shoulders and rest his chin on the top of his head.

"Are you ready for tomorrow, love?" Namjoon murmurs into Seokjin's hair and felt the older hum against his chest.

"As long as you're here, I'm ready for anything."