Six

"Just light the candles already! They'll be downstairs in any minute!" Namjoon hissed as he watched Seokjin fuss over the chocolate cake. The older placed six more candles onto the cake and grabbed a lighter, carefully lighting each candle and watching the tiny flame dance.

It was the twins' birthday today and their birthday party was to be held in the afternoon. Seokjin was already busy preparing the food while Namjoon decorated the backyard and set up the piñata.

Green, gold, and white streamers decorated the trees and tables outside while similarly coloured balloons were tied to trees and the patio rails.

Seokjin had already baked an entire tray of green frosted cupcakes and currently had a marble cake baking in the oven. A bowl of white and yellow frosting stood to the side and Seokjin had lost count of the many times he had to shoo Namjoon away from the bowls.

They heard them before they even saw them. A stampede of footsteps descended down the stairs followed by hushed giggles and Seokjin laughed as the twins walked into the kitchen with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"Happy birthday boys!" Namjoon and Seokjin exclaimed, laughing once more then Taeyong reached up on his tippy toes to ogle the chocolate cake.

"Wow! Is all that cake for us?!" Ten asked excitedly as Namjoon carried him towards the dessert and placed him on a chair. Taeyong clambered into another chair and took a swipe of the frosting.

As Namjoon sang happy birthday, Seokjin recorded the moment with his phone. He smiled lovingly from behind the screen and cheered when the twins blew out the candles.

"What did you wish for, boys?" Seokjin wondered as he stood next to Namjoon and encircled an arm around his waist.

"We can't tell you or else it won't come true, Appa!" Ten giggled, crinkling his nose cutely at Seokjin while Taeyong drew an 'x' over his heart.

"Daddy will need your help decorating the house for your party later. Can you boys help him with that?" Seokjin added and saw Ten's face light up. The younger immediately volunteered himself and Namjoon ruffled his hair.

"Appa! Can I help you cook?!" Taeyong asked excitedly.

"Of course you can, sweetie!" Seokjin beamed at his son before whisking him away into the kitchen.

||~||

"Marco!"

"Yes, Dad?"

"No silly! You're supposed to say polo!"

"Oh okay! Polo!"

It was one in the afternoon and the backyard was alive with the kids' laughter and the chattering amongst their parents. It was quite hot and the little ones had grown tired of playing tag and already ate, so Namjoon decided that it was alright for them to swim in the pool.

"Jongin! Don't let them jump off where it's too shallow!" Doh Kyungsoo, Jongin's husband of five years, warned as he watched Jongin help Taeyong into his shoulders before letting him jump into the water. Ten squealed as his big brother splashed him and retaliated by, of course, splashing him with even more water.

"Papa! Papa! Watch me and Momo!" Jiheon, Kyungsoo and Jongin's oldest daughter, called out as she held up Momo's hand before jumping into the pool. The two girls squealed in delight, having splashed their uncle Jongdae who splashed them back.

"Jeez Jongdae! Don't splash all the pool water at us! You'll drench me and Ji-hyo!" Jennie, Momo's mother, warned as she managed a fussy Ji-hyo while her fiancée, Lisa, helped Seokjin set up the food.