Fight

"You're so mean! I hate you!" Ten screamed as he stormed out of Taeyong's room with tears in his eyes.

"Well I hate you and your stupid face even more!" Taeyong yelled, his face red with anger as he clutched a toy car close to his chest and stuck his tongue out at his twin.

"I don't wanna be your brother anymore!"

"Me either!"

Namjoon jumped at the sound of the twins' doors slamming shut upstairs and scratched his head before setting his book down on the coffee table.

Seokjin had been called into the hospital that morning and left Namjoon with the boys, promising to return as soon as he could. It was a little lonely without the older's presence but Ten and Taeyong made him forget his loneliness within seconds after Seokjin had left.

"Ten? Ten baby can you open the door?" Namjoon called out as he softly knocked on the younger twin's door.

"N-No..." the little boy answered and Namjoon sighed before turning the doorknob and gently stepping inside. Shutting the door behind him, Namjoon spotted Ten quietly playing with a toy car in the corner of his room. Upon closer inspection, the professor frowned when he saw the aforementioned repeatedly run his car over a scribbled drawing of Taeyong.

"Baby what's wrong?" Namjoon asked as he sat down next to the five year old and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Nothing..." Ten grumbled, crossing his arms against his chest and pouting to himself.

"Chittaphon..." Namjoon began and the latter's eyes widened. Only Miss Bae and Taeyong knew his real name!

"Who told you that was my name, Daddy?!" Ten gasped and Namjoon grinned with his dimples on full display.

"Taeyong did."

"Taeyong's a stupid meanie-head," Ten grumbled and sniffled, big tears strolling down his cheeks and Namjoon seated the little boy on his lap.

"Baby. Will you tell Daddy what's wrong?" Namjoon asked once more and smiled softly when Ten nodded, wiping at his tears with the sleeve of his shirt before staring at Namjoon with glassy eyes.

"T-Taeyong and I were playing cars in his r-room and he took m-my favourite red car! I-I told him to give it back but he wouldn't!" Ten explained through hiccups and Namjoon wiped his tears away with a thumb before hugging Ten close.

"Awe. Don't cry, Ten. I'll talk to Taeyong but maybe after lunch. After I talk to him, I want you two to talk, okay?" Namjoon murmured and Ten nodded.

"Wash up, okay? I think some lunch will cheer you both up."

||~||

"Now carefully mix the pasta into the chicken and I mean very carefully, Kim Namjoon!"

Namjoon sighed as he lowered the chicken into the pan of pasta, making sure to not splash any of the hot food on himself and Taeyong, who was sitting on the counter beside him.

After two years of dating and three years of marriage, Seokjin was still skeptical about leaving Namjoon alone in the kitchen. Although he slowly got over the fear by teaching the younger some basic recipes, Seokjin still felt the need to walk Namjoon through every step in fear of his husband hurting himself.