coffee jelly

You walked into the Café Mami as the delicious smell of warm cake and coffee beans clouded your nose.

You became a regular at this cafe ever since your older brother dragged you here for your birthday a few months ago. You befriended some of the workers there, and saw familiar people coming here frequently so you assumed they were regulars as well. But only one of those people stood out to you.

There was this pink-haired guy who would always sit three tables away from where you would be seated on Mondays, Thursdays, and Sundays (You began to feel uneasy because those are the days that you would stop by too). The same booth, same order, same blank expression on his face (except when he eats the jelly thingy). And you wondered if he felt the same thing too.

As if on cue, the same guy came in and sat at his usual place. He puts his elbows on his table and rests his chin on his fist with his usual stoic expression. You stare at him a bit until he eventually noticed and you abruptly looked away. You started to get a little suspicious when he was shooting glances when he thought you weren't paying attention.

'What's with this guy?' You thought.
It looked like he shook his head as if he disapproved.

A waitress came to take his order at the same time Mera-chan comes by.

"Your usual shortcake and latte, (Y/N)-chan?" She startled you.
"Uh, no actually," You started to whisper. "Can I get whatever he's having?" You pointed to the other guy who occupied this restaurant and to the waitress. 

The dessert he's having must be astronomically delicious if it's able to change his expressions on his usually stoic face.

Your friend narrowed her eyes.

"Saiki-kun?" Mera asked, clearly confused.

"Excuse me?" 

"Saiki Kusuo. Do you know him?" She pointed at him with her thumb.

"I don't know who he is, but please, can I get what he's having?"

Mera-chan looked at the both of you in suspicious sideways glances. This Kusai guy was already eating what he ordered.

"How odd,"

"Alright then." She placed some napkins in front of you and left.

The guy was still eating his dessert heartily, until Mera chimed in.

"Here's your coffee jelly, (Y/N)." She placed my order in front of me. The pinkette seemed to stiffen his posture as if he overheard what the waitress said from far away.

"Coffee jelly. . ?" You muttered.
"It's what you ordered," She winked cheekily. "Enjoy it before I eat it."

You thanked her as she left before you grabbed the little spoon and took a bite out of the gelatin goodness.

The captivating and rich taste of ground coffee in the gelatin dessert blew you away. No wonder this guy always ordered this savory dessert.

'It's actually not that bad . . .' You thought. You looked up and saw that the guy was gone, leaving you as the only customer in the cafe. Looking around in bewilderment, you stood up and went to the table he sat in minutes earlier to check out anything he left, but there wasn't a trace. 

"That's weird, he was here a second ago." You cocked your head to the side.

You sighed, and went back to your table. You then realized—

'My jelly has been eaten halfway!' You mentally shrieked at yourself. 'I only just took a bite!'

"Mera!" You called out to her. "Did you eat my coffee jelly?" 

Mera came running to you with a huge box in her hands. "No, I was eating some cake and storing boxes in the back," She looked at you weirdly. "Weren't you the only one eating the jelly? You're the only one here!"

Sense clapped back to you.

"Yeah, nevermind." You sighed, with a forced smile on your face. "Thanks anyways, Mera."

In the corner of your eye, you saw the entrance door open and close without the presence of someone in the doorway.

Edited.