manga

.
.

It has been a complete month since you befriended the stoic and unreadable psychic. You felt extremely joyous as when you were hanging out with him whether it was at school or enjoying yourselves at the nearest convenient store. You two shared very similar interests with each other, and he opened up to you a bit. Feeling accomplished that you made a new best friend, you couldn't help but to bother him every 3 seconds.

"Should we go take a look at that new bookstore?" You suggested, walking out of the ice cream store hands full of sundaes. "We can go do some activities there too."

"What are you, a second grader?" He teased, making you playfully frown.

"Hey," You nudged him a bit with your free elbow. "Nothing's wrong with a few activities, am I right?"

"Only if you were a little elementary school student then sure it wouldn't have been." Saiki internally snickered while taking a spoon of some coffee flavored ice cream.

"Stop being so mean, you owe me a scoop for making me sad." You pouted, both of you making a turn to the bus stop.

Saiki rolled his eyes. "Fine, one scoop only."

As in one scoop, you meant a quarter of his sundae.

"Hey! You owe me a new book at the bookstore."

"That's what you get for calling me a little kid!"

The seniors at the bus stop looked at the two students bickering on and on.
.
.
.

"Look at this place!" Your face entirely lit up once you entered the fresh bookstore. Waxed floors, a cafe on the side, and some expensive chandeliers hanging off the ceiling made an extra special touch to this already fancy place.

Your shoes were skidding on the floor with each step that you took signaled the ecstasy you were giving off. Saiki quietly took in the sight of this beautiful place whilst you were the exact opposite.

"Saiki, look at this!" You picked a novel that was thicker than your school folder that held your papers for half of the year. "This looks so interesting!"

"It does, but look at the price." He pointed at the corner of the novel to reveal an unaffordable number.

You shivered. 3748 yen?

You placed the book back to it's original place, looking at the psychic with unease.

"I bet that this bookstore will be pricier than the normal ones we go to, shall we go to the manga section?" You asked trying to brighten up the mood.

The psychic shrugged. "I'll be right behind you."

You smiled, "Alright, let's go!"

It took a while for the both of you to find the exact section since the bookstore was ginormous. Through endless shelves and stands, it was almost like a complete mase.

"Manga?" You pointed at the shelf that consisted of many genres in the japanese comic section.

"Manga indeed." Saiki replied exploring around the endless shelves.

Deciding to not be a clingy little puppy for once, you briskly strolled over to the first shelf that was consisted of horror mangas.

You were surprised on how there were unlimited choices in this part of the section, unable to fathom how many books in total are in the bookstore.

"Wow," You marveled at the selections, brushing the spines of the books as you walked along. How magical this place was, it was your heaven. Not to mention how the books were so well-condition as you didn't put too much thought into it as this store was brand new.