unlucky

(previous title: "how much did you see?")

"Stupid school, stupid teacher,"  You muttered under your breath. You grabbed your stuff and headed out to your classroom. Or so the principal thought. Detention was a pain, especially getting blamed for something you didn't do. How unlucky it was for it to happen today.

'I'll strangle her by the time school ends.'  You clutched your books tighter as you shoved the door that led to the stairs to the roof.

"I'll show her," You stomped up the stairs angrily, the heavy sounds booming throughout the place. "That little piece of—"

You tripped on the last step, colliding with the double doors that led to the roof. Surprisingly, it didn't burst, but instead it just opened like it would if a person—a person having a good day—would open it. It was a really windy day today, the cold air hitting your cheeks masked the pain on your knee.

You grumbled, picking up the books and textbooks that didn't fit in your bag.

You looked up and saw your love confession letter flying in the sky. WAIT—

You shrieked. Without thinking, you dropped your belongings once again and chased the letter that you were supposed to give to your crush after school. 

You were on the roof, so it was a huge disadvantage because the confession letter was over the edge of the rails.
You sprinted to catch it, but the wind decided to be your enemy today, and it stopped blowing. You leaned over the edge, the letter falling into a bucket of water stories below. Who put that bucket of mop water there?!

You pulled your hair in frustration. Why did everything have to end so badly? You sulked and tried to calm yourself down.

"Why does it always have to be me?" It was true, your whole life always lead to unfortunate events.

'I hate this school, I hate my life, I hate this," You tried to kick a rock, but failed miserably.

'Even rocks hate me too?!' You thought, no surprise there.

You walked a little further until you heard a crash and a little kitten stepped out from behind a wall. It was holding what looked like an antenna-like hairclip or something. You decided to look behind it because you didn't have anything else to do. And you were a bit curious.

You saw random objects flying all over the place and saw that the rail was broken. You knew it wasn't safe to at least watch, but your guts kept telling you to. You ended up staying there because (1) you didn't want to tell a teacher because you already had enough mishaps with the adults and (2) because you wanted to know why the heck the rail was broken in the first place.

You saw the same kitten from 2 minutes ago, but it was floating to the opposite way you were facing.

As you walked a little bit closer to the other side of the wall, you weren't sure if your eyes were being truthful to what you were seeing.

You saw a student floating at least a few inches from the ground. This guy placed the hairclip antenna thingy back on his head as he waved his hands all around. His back was facing you, so he didn't see you. You saw him pick up—wait wait—summoning the flying objects toward him and fixing the rail.

You couldn't believe what you were seeing. You wanted to run, but you wanted to know who this person is.

You took a glimpse at him, but it took longer than expected. You gasped,

'Kusuo from the next class?!' You mentally screamed at yourself. But the thing is, you thought out loud without knowing. It was a habit, so everyone could hear or know what you were saying.

You wanted to run, but it was too late. His eyes widened at the sight of you cowering from behind the wall. You messed up big time.

'Oh crap—' You broke into a sprint to the nearest double doors. But soon a firm grip met your wrist and you were pinned to the nearest wall.

"How much did you see?" The psychic asked. You didn't answer. You were cowering, covering your face with your arms. But you never dared to make a sound. He gripped your wrists tighter, swearing that it would cut off all circulation in your arms. "Answer me, or I'll take you to the headmaster's office."

"I saw all of it, okay?" You answered, trying to break out of his strong grip. You kicked his shin, but he didn't budge at all.

"I swear I won't tell anyone what I saw. Let me go, and I will continue on with my day," You still had fight left in your eyes as you stared at him hard. "I swear I won't mention any of this to anyone."

"Look, I gotta go somewhere. And I won't spill your secret. I promise."

Persuasion wasn't your strength, but it felt like it worked this time. He stared at you for a few more seconds. 

"Very well then. I'll let you go," You sighed in relief as you tried to break out of his grip.

"And watch out (Y/N). I'll always be listening." He whispered in your ear. You nodded vigorously, just wishing you were back home safe and sound.

In a blink, you were back at the double doors you exited out of. Without a second's hesitation, you grabbed your bag and books that was sprawled out on the floor and left hurriedly.

The psychic was floating above the rails in time to see you exiting the school. Once you were gone, he thought to himself,

'I really hate myself for liking her so much.'