disappointment pt. 2

–☆☆☆–

Soon you pulled up to your driveway of your beloved home you shared with your fiancé and thanked the lovely waitress for her company and the ride home. It wasn't long until you guys exchanged numbers, so you'll be definitely be talking to her more.

With a shaky exhale, you reached for your keys in your bag and unlocked your front door. You were engulfed with total silence as you paced to your living room.

There you found your fiancé, dressed up nicely in the living room fixing himself up. You've never been so confused and disappointed in your entire life, but you couldn't bring yourself to say anything. He ignored you as he adjusted his dress shirt, and that ticked off something inside of you.

"Honey, did you forget about our date today?"

He glanced your way once, then brought his full attention back to adjusting his cuffs. "Today wasn't really a good day to go on a date, we can schedule it for another day."

"But we planned this for a week!"
"Something came up, I couldn't go." He excused, making your blood boil.

"I waited in the café for almost a whole day for you!" You exaggerated, but it felt like you've been inside the café for more than a whole day.

"I'm sorry, but hopefully we can go out some other time." His voice displayed no remorse, and you were upset that he didn't acknowledge the fact that you tried your absolute hardest to keep your relationship stable.

It was true that you've done all you've can to hold both ends of relationship together, but it was clear he didn't want to put in effort, and he it was crystal clear that he doesn't have romantic feelings for you anymore. It's been almost 10 months since he first proposed to you, and you've always wondered why you haven't had the strength to plan your wedding with him and likewise. It's been a long time since you two have shown each other love, the little habits that made you two show that you loved each other disappear.

To be honest, you knew that this would happen. You always had this gut feeling but you've never trust it. And so you believed that this would now be the right time to end things peacefully with him, without making an extra scene.

"Aren," You called him by his first name, which threw him off completely. "I don't think we can keep up with this any longer." You bluntly stated.

"What happened to my pet name?" He ignored your question, as if he was genuinely worried. Slipping off your beautiful engagement ring that once adorned your finger with love, you placed it on the coffee table, exhaling roughly.

Aren watched the whole segment with wide eyes, but he genuinely looked relieved. He didn't want to lie to you much longer as he gathered feelings for someone else in the course of his absent feelings for you.

You politely bowed your head slightly to him, and he didn't dare to say another word. "Aren, thank you for teaching me what it is to be loved and to love for the past few years, but I think it is time for us to let go and see other people. I have learned so much from you, and I really hope you learned a lot from me as well. Thank you for everything, I'll sleep on the couch and gather my stuff first thing in the morning and leave immediately."

He only looked at you in astonishment, but nodded. You headed to the bathroom to get ready to sleep and pondered, it really is the end of a very passionate relationship that went very downhill. As you soon finished your night routine, you can't help and wondered what you two could have been if you guys kept on lying to each other. But as soon as you get out of that house the next morning, you would become a new person, starting a new chapter in your life.

You had absolutely no regrets, and made yourself comfortable on the couch and slept soundly, waiting patiently for the morning birds to wake you once again.

And maybe start anew with the waitress back at the café.