Chapter 20

The votes were counted but Yi, Tu and Kris told me that it did not matter if they win since they could show their true colour. Jay and I wanted to win not because of our ego but because we knew that they deserved this. I think Simon was the most nervous out of all of us. Lay went on stage with the envelope.

" Here I hold the name of the winner of Rap nation. The winner is.... Tu with her song Her", Lay shouted into the Mic and we all jumped up and down. Tu was in tears and went on stage to receive the trophy with Kris. It was time for her speech.

" Thank you so much. I would have never believed that I could win this but I made it this far thanks to the chance that Kris gave me. He believed in my skills and pushed me. But today I grew beyond my own skills thanks to our special guest. Special and huge thanks to the woman who composed this and came with this idea in her suitcase here and giving a song not just some words but life. She said be wild, free and real. GRAIL thank you!", she said and bowed and I froze not knowing what to do. Yi was happy as if he won himself and that was good to see. He was not sad.

" Encore stage", the audience cheered and Tu came and pulled me along on stage.

" Please sing and rap with me GRAIL", she said smiling and I agreed.

I signalled Haon to join us and Yi did aswell. Suprisingly we all matched and complemented eachother without practicing and the song sounded even better. The show wrapped up and the reporters waited for Kris, Tu and us. They were curious on how the track came along and Tu and Kris told the story. I just told them that I watched the show and followed it. I had rough tracks that seemed matching to the situation and I adjusted it to their needs and skills. That was all. They were interested about who Haon and I were and Simon and Jay spoke for us. I was glad since they asked private things. I would have no idea how to handle these questions. Kris invited us to the formal party that would take place now. I did not want to join but Jay made it clear that it was good to build connections there. Leo met us at the hotel and got us glamed up. He knew that I hated dresses or at least that I could not wear them so he got me some a cool top, some black suit trousers, and a leather jacket. He touched up the Make up and Hair and I decided to wear the nose ring again. I grew fond of it. The guys were all wearing smart clothes and we all headed to the party location.

" There will be alot of VIPs on the party so have fun and make friends. Mr.Won please stay near GRAIL and Haon", Jay said while putting his phone in his pocket. We pulled up at the front entrance where all the reporters were waiting. They guys got out first and Haon helped me get off the car. I saw flashes everywhere and Jay and Simon led me inside and Mr.Won was close behind me. Soon we entered a very chic hall with lots of food, people chatting and good music. They all wore formal attire except me and Tu. I saw her at the bar with Yi and Kris and she came running to me and hugged me tight. The rest joined us, we chatted and had a glass of wine together. Kris, Jay and Simon introduced me and Haon to a few producers, rappers, singers, designers, models and actresses. After 2 hrs straight talking we were given a break and Haon fetched us some food and joined me and Mr.Won at a table.

" Do you remember all the names of the people because I do not", Mr.Won asked me and I laughed and nodded.

" I have some tricks to remember them", I said to him.

Haon and I ate the food quickly fearing that we would have to go another round. After we finished our food we went over to the bar and got cocktails. They were alcohol free and super tasty. Haon, Tu, Yi and I had the best time. We danced and sang and laughed. Kris, Jay and Simon had a few drinks with us and then left again. Yi and Tu went to talk to some people leaving me with Haon at the bar.

" Do you not think you had a few drinks too much?", I heard a voice say and I turned around to see Mark smiling at me.

I signalled the bartender for another drink and asked him to make it strong. I took the drink and took a big sip and smiled at Mark.