Chapter 33

Before I went to get the cells taken out I dropped by Jimins room. He was so pale and looked sick. Hitman was visting in the morning and had left some flowers for him.

Doc patted my shoulder and said: "He is barley awake. We will do the operation as soon as possible."

I nodded and followed a surgical team into a separate room. I was told to lay down on the bed. Doc met me inside and looked at me.

"Grail we have talked about this a few times before but I will just remind you that it will hurt ok. Hold the hand of the nurse just in any case... You sure we should not call anyone?", Doc asked me.

I shook my head. This was a secret and I would respect his decision. I would be lying if I said I was not scared at all. The needle was huge and I would feel great pain since I would be awake.

" I am made of steel", I said to him with a cracking voice and he started.

As soon as the needle pierced into my spine I felt a hug wave of pain. I tried my best not to scream but there was no chance. I screamed so loud and it felt like I would be dying.

" Grail", Doc said to me and stopped.

" NO! Go on. I am ok. I will be ok", I said firmly and suppressed the urge to scream again.

Tear left my eyes in stream and I remembered why I did this. It was for Jimin. As I was about to pass out Doc was done and removed the needle.

" Done. Nurse please take this over to the surgery room. Grail well done", he said and left me with another nurse.

" Ok Miss. Let me take you to the...", she started but I did not hear the rest as I passed out.

Jimin will survive I thought as I hit the bed again. I woke up in a different room and called for the nurse. She came in and checked me quickly.

" Looks good. You slept long", she said to me smiling.

" Where is Jimin? How did the surgery go?", I asked her.

" Oh everything is fine. He recovers well", she said.

I looked around again and looked for my phone.

" How long did I sleep?", I asked her.

" Oh about 2 days. It is seldom that donar show such a reaction but it happens", she explained calmly.

" WHAT? I need to see Jimin. Please", I begged her but she refused it.

After some time the Doc came in and smiled as he saw me awake.

" Welcome back. Nurse please get a wheelchair. She is a stubborn one so if we do not let her see him than she will walk out of there herself", he said and the nurse followed his orders.

Doc rolled me into Jimins room where Hitman was sitting and talking to him.

" Park Jimin. You look good", I said to him happily. He looked healthier and full of energy.

Jimin grinned at me and nodded.

" You look pale though", he noted.

" Well I had a long nap but I will be fine", I said beaming a smile at him.

Hitman greeted me and I greeted him back.

"So Doc what is the result?", I asked him curious to see whether my donation was any good.

" Well we ran some test but it looks like he is on the way of getting cancer free. The symptoms are almost gone and the amount of red blood cells increases. Just a few more months and he will be cancer free", Doc explained.