ONE

Hi! Thanks for running across my book. Bare with me. The story gets better as well as the character development. ENJOY!

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls give it up for the one and only BEATRIX DELANEY!" The host yelled into the microphone.

The crowd goes wild when they see the young black queen strut onto the stage. Wearing a blue gown that hug her curves and a authentic Fox scarf that rested on her shoulder. Her black long hair flown down her back beautifully.

They viewed her as a goddess. She talked over her larynx which made her sound like a mouse or a toddler. When she sang, she had an alto tune. Sounding just like Toni Braxton.

The crowd start to cheer as she looked over the audience.

BEATRIX!
BEATRIX!
BEATRIX!

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭

She almost drown in her dreams due to the bucket of ice water being poured on her.

"BEATRIX!" Ginger, her elder niece, yelled. "Get yo stupid ass up and clean up! You think you just gone sleep in like you pay bills!"

Beatrix chest heaved up and down as she wiped the water from her eyes. Everything was drenched with water.

"Man, clean this shit up," Ginger said in a disgust tone and threw the bucket at hers. "Retard."

Beatrix took a deep sigh before getting up and slowly walking to the bathroom. She knocked on it, and her great niece, Winny was already inside.

She snatched her wet sheets and comforter off the bed and threw it in her clothes hamper. Winny was out the bathroom and shot Beatrix a look before leaving.

It was three of them with one bathroom, so she ran to the bathroom with her hygiene products. She wasn't about to give up that opportunity for the next person to be inside.

Her mother, Faith, died in a fire caused by her father's jealousy. He was now serving life in prison and she still visited him, which was suspicious to her family, so they treated her differently.

Her big sister, Everly, hated Beatrix and her father because they ruined her life and happiness. Their mother had Everly at thirteen. Though, her parents were still together and raised her until her father found out about her mother's affair with Beatrix's father, Orion.

Everly haven't seen her father since she was thirteen and is still hurt by that. Faith and Orion ended up getting married and having Beatrix. Everly felt like she was a mistake child since her mother had her at forty.

Everly had three children who grew up being snobby, selfish and mean. Ginger was the oldest and took Beatrix in only because the benefits and Beatrix checks. She was ten years older than Beatrix.

West was her first son. He had his mind on the streets and was very cruel towards people. He ran Detroit streets as if he created them.

Her youngest son, Princeton, was three years older than Beatrix and you can say he was the nicest out of them all. He just felt like everything revolved around him and he was spoiled rotten.

Ginger was selfish, West was mean, and Princeton was snobby.

"B, me and the twins about to hangout, so you better find you something eat," Ginger said peeking inside.

Beatrix only nodded. She had to be at work at five anyway. She was used to them leaving her out. It didn't bother her, she liked being alone.

"Oh and Prince is coming over with his company so you better not get in his way or be fast in front of his friends or imma kick yo ass," she threatened. "Make sure this house is clean before you babysit that stripper, son."