TWENTY SIX

After all that was going on, Zane still had to go to court. He started off his New Years good but he knew it wasn't going to last. Like he thought, Zane and Reagan had joint custody.

Reagan was getting back on her boss bitch shit now that she was getting child support for some odd reason. Even though Zane took care of Ziyanna ever since she was in the womb. Reagan got back in shape and was a complete baddie, ready for LA.

"I'm sooooooo happy I got you back," Reagan smiled while forcing a hug. Ziyanna stared blankly without hugging her back.

They were at Reagan's new penthouse. Ziyanna couldn't lie, it was really nice. She just couldn't stand her manipulative mother, after that stunt she pulled.

"Can you take me back home now, since we done setting up?" Ziyanna asked. "Imma little tired."

"That's why I bought that's big ass bed in there," she laughed. "Go crash."

"Nah, I got school in the morning," she said making up every excuse to leave.

"You don't have to go," she reasoned. "Most of the shit you learn in school doesn't even apply when you get older."

Ziyanna furrowed her eyebrows. "What? School the only thing that I have a chance at, making it in life."

"Trust me," Reagan smirked. "There's a million other ways. Like finding a sugar daddy, a rich nigga, being a scammer, a escort—."

"I don't wanna be none of that," she interrupted. "I wanna be a professional dancer, Reagan. I wanna be famous."

"Stripping makes a lot, and probably love and hip hop."

"Well I don't wanna do that," she said waving her off. "I just wanna go home."

"Well, you're not," she shrugged. "You need to spend time with your real mommy and stop calling me Reagan."

Ziyanna sucked her teeth and sat on the couch, going through her messages.

SPEEDY🏁: Imy. I'm sorry for everything I've done. I was on them percs and it had me booted. I hope you can forgive me because I really miss that face and mean act you put on. Hml.

READ

Jay Murda😍: WYD?

Ziyanna: chilling over my biological mother's house🙄

Queen👑: wanna get high🍃💨

Ziyanna: don't sound bad but I'm tryna stop that. I gotta live up to my new year resolutions

Boss Lady/Momma💋💍👸🏽:you okay?

Ziyanna: pick me up pleasssseee! Let's go on a date😩

Boss Lady/Momma💋💍👸🏽: omw

Bullet😏🔫: wya?

Ziyanna: what you worry about it fa🤔

Bullet😏🔫: 😑😑because Speedy out and word is that he looking for you. Yo pops said nomo going out and shit.

READ

"You texting yo boyfriend," Reagan smirked. "He cute, huh?"

"What are boyfriends?" Ziyanna scoffed. "Ian messing with no niggas right now. Like I said, education is my way out right now."