TWENTY EIGHT

"You heard about Ziy, haven't y'all?" Terecka asked her circle of friends. Bullet, Speedy, Maja, and Queen, including Terecka, was at Waffle House that Saturday, which was the first of February.

"Nah, What happened?" Bullet frowned. For someone who couldn't stand Ziyanna, he sure is concerned about her.

"I heard," Queen sighed. She was feeling like she had a part in Ziyanna getting raped. She just wished she could be there for her.

Maja kept quiet. Guess you can say she took it the hardest. Her and Ziyanna were close friends. It just hurt her heart that she went through that and she couldn't do anything about it.

"Bro, What happened?" Speedy frowned looking at all the devastated faces. "What hap—."

"She was raped!" Maja snapped and tried calming herself down, so she left.

"Huh?" Bullet asked furrowing his eyebrows.

•••

Beatrix haven't seen her fiancé in a week and was getting antsy. Zane would call and text from time to time , but Beatrix didn't know how long she would be able to deal with that. Her belly was getting bigger by the day, and it was matter of time before she find out the baby's gender.

Ziyanna was getting better. She was now in group therapy with people who was going through the same thing. Her face was healed and she was really a new person.

She was now quiet, respectful, and for some odd reason loved Edgar Allen Poe books. It was a week and she was already changing for the better, though she still had haunting nightmares. She had to take medicine to control her suicidal thoughts.

"Momma, may you hand me the remote before you leave?" Ziyanna asked as Beatrix headed out with her pink laundry basket. "Please?"

"Here," she said tossing her apple remote on her bed. "I'm taking the kids out for a drive in movie, you wanna tag alone?"

"I'm good," she said shaking her head. "But can you bring me back something to eat."

Beatrix sighed. She was tired of her being so sad, and she knew it wasn't healthy for her to do so, because she was in that same predicament when she was her age.

"It's time to get, Yanna," she said turning her light on. "You sitting in the dark and watching My Sister's Keeper isn't healthy."

"Momma I'm tired," she mumbled irately. "What you want me to do?"

"I want you to get out of bed and go to the movies with me," she smiled. "Put on some jeans and slides, so we can go catch Waiting To Exhale Too."

Ziyanna smirked. "You know I wanna see that too. I know Nixie wanna see it, but what about Ziggy?"

"He's going to be at the arcade with his mannish ass friends," she said waving it off. "What do you say? A date?"

"I don't wanna share you, so no," Ziyanna said putting the cover over her face again.

"Awwwww!" Beatrix laughed while hopping in her bed tickling her. "Don't even do that!"

Ziyanna laughed uncontrollably. "Okay! Okay! Stop!"

"Now get ya ass up and put on some clothes," she smirked while leaving.