FIVE

A M O N T H L A T E R

Zane didn't bother saying a word to Prince about the situation. If any harm was done to his baby sister, he was going to handle him.

Prince soon caught on that Zane knew, due to the death glares. He had no choice to fall back, because his own brother wouldn't help him get away from the beating of Zane.

Tatum stayed with him for a good three weeks. She told her mother that she was scared of the bus ride and walking home, because she was afraid to get jump. Zane made it clear that Prince wasn't about to lift a finger, so it was time for her to go home.

Beatrix was still being mean to Zane, but he brought it on himself. Zane was hoeing and bringing girls to his home leaving Beatrix dumbfounded. She was beyond hurt and jealous.

However, her and Tory Lanez texted heavy. She learned a lot about him and he was very understanding. Beatrix liked that the texting never grew stale.

This was the time Zane was going to stop playing with her. She was going to let him feel the same way she felt.

•••

Beatrix yawned and struggled to keep her eyes open so she could finish her test.

She cleared her throat and sat up. She blinked a couple of times and finished the test. It was easy since she studied the cheat sheet before coming. Tatum came in clutch with finding the test answers.

RINNNNGGG

Beatrix gathered her things to leave. She passed her scantron up front and left. She went on the hall where her locker was. She got her backpack out and put her binder inside. When she turned around...

"Wussup?" Dynasty said. These were fighting words for Beatrix.

Beatrix only looked at her like she was mentally unstable. Dynasty wasn't the same. She had uneven skin with dark circles around her eyes and her hair was disoriented.

"Oh," she chuckled. "You done got thick, new wardrobe, a little glow. You must forgot you still beneath me bitch?"

"Leave her alone," a girl that worked for West said.

"Right she didn't do nothing to you," the other worker said.

Beatrix walked passed her and with a fast pace to Zane's car. Her breathing was inaccurate and her heart rate was going faster.

"What's wrong with you?" Zane frowned.

Beatrix was too busy looking out the window. She shook her head and laid back.

•••

"Wake up," Zane said shaking her. She got up and frowned.

"You don't have to put your hands on me, Imma light sleeper," she said in a raspy voice.

He sucked his his teeth and got out the car. "I'm so done with you."

She rolled her eyes and pulled out her honey bun she didn't eat. She was craving honey buns the whole week.

"Let me have some," Zane suggested as he brought her hand that held the honey bun to his mouth. He got a bite that took the whole honey bun out the wrapper.

"You get on my nerves," she mumbled. "I'm hungry and you just gone sit up there and eat my honey bun...remember that."

He winked at her and followed her to the kitchen. He could annoy her since Ziyanna stayed over Zane's grandmother's house since it was the weekend.