FOUR

S A T U R D A Y

"Nigga you what?!" Joncia laughed. "Oh my goooooooddd...wowww!"

Zane chuckled and shook his head. "Yeah...I think hurt her feelings though. She haven't muttered a word to me since Wednesday."

"She hasn't been clingy like the other girls you fucked with?" Joncia asked. "Damn...I guess she had better."

Zane rubbed his temples and sighed. "I took her virginity, Cia."

Joncia choked after she hit the blunt and coughed continuously as she rocked back and forth in the seat. "I...know...you...fucking...lying!"

He looked down and shook his head. "Nah, I'm not."

Joncia was so nasty minded. She thought Beatrix would've had that good good, since she stole looks at her cameltoe. "Was it good?"

Zane smirked. He might not remember how it all started but he remembered how she felt. "Wonderful."

They laughed and talked more as they had a smoke session in the car. Zane was agitated that Beatrix wasn't being clingy or talking to him period. He made a mental note to argue with her when he got home.

•••

"What color are you getting?" Tatum asked. They went to the nail shop since it was right across the street from the apartment.

"Yellow," Beatrix said. That was her favorite color since it complimented her her skin complexion.

"Hmmm...I think I want hot pink," Tatum mumbled. "You getting acrylic?"

"Yeah, I liked how they did my coffin nails the last time," she said.

"Get them long, because it looks better."

They sat at their designated seat and got their nails done. Beatrix had been real quiet lately. Tatum figured it was because of her family, but it was really because of Zane.

Zane was acting different and she felt like he didn't want anything to do with her anymore.

"I'm sorry about how my sister treated you," Tatum said. "That was real fucked up."

"Oh, no need to be sorry," Beatrix smiled. "I'm A-Okay."

Tatum gave her a lopsided smile and turned her attention back on her nails. She loved going to the nail shop because it gave her time to think.

She was in the hot seat right now. She didn't know what to do about the future. She was about to make the hardest decision in her life, that probably could cause death, betrayal, and/or abandonment.

•••

Beatrix and Tatum made it home after stopping by dollar general and picking up some snacks.

"Guess who's coming to Detroit next weekend," Tatum smiled.

"Who?" Beatrix asked stuffing her face with marshmallows.

"Tory Lanez!" Tatum squealed. They both got up and started jumping up and down while hugging each other.

"You're not serious!" Beatrix smiled. "Where?"

"Fairlane Town Center," she answered. "He's doing an inside concert, so hopefully he'll let you sing with him."

"I doubt I'll get that close to him," she smiled and shook her head.

"What y'all talking about?" Zane asked not really interested. Beatrix rolled her eyes and went to the bathroom. Zane just shook his head and sighed hard.