NINE

"That's what I'm talking bout!" Orion cheesed while recording Beatrix. "Straight grinding!"

Beatrix had everything muted out with her headphones. She could feel the sweat through her waist trainer plus the sweat dripping from her face. She did squat jumps on stoned stairs downtown.

After she ran back down, she grabbed her water and phone from her dad. "What a workout."

"I'm proud of you," Orion smiled. "When we started in April you was acting like you were about to die from one squat. Now it's July and you're taking it like an expert."

She poured water on her face because the heat was crucial. "I need it. I'm super mom now."

Orion chuckled and wrapped his arm around her. "You sure it ain't because of Zane?"

Beatrix rolled her eyes and sighed. "Please stop bringing him up. We are co-parenting and that's it."

"I hear you," he smiled. "Have you found an apartment out in Ann Arbor yet?"

"Yeah," she said. "It's a two bed and two bath. The rent isn't that bad, I got an interview out there on the twenty seventh. If things pull through, ya girl gone be an assistant for the biggest business in Michigan."

"I wanna be like you when I grow up," Orion hyped. "I'm honestly proud. You take care of the twins and Zane's daughter, you eating healthy and working out, you going to college, and about to move in your own space with a decent job."

"Thank you," she smiled getting inside her car. Zane insisted that she keep the car since she didn't want to keep all the clothing and accessories he bought. "Now let's eat."

•••

"Nigga let's go to strip club," West said. "Yo ass been in here moping around. Suck it up and let's party while we're still young."

"Nah," Zane mumbled. "Ian feeling it right now. Besides, Beatrix bringing the kids over."

West sucked his teeth. "If yo ass love her like you say you do then why are you just sitting here? Go get her."

"It's not that easy anymore," he sighed. "I lost her for good now. I know I had to do some fucked up things that night I was off the henny."

"Yeah I heard," West chuckled. "Still get what's yours. You been listening to her ass way too long. It's time to take charge."

Zane nodded and shot up when he heard knocking at the door. He enjoyed seeing Beatrix every chance he got.

"Damn," he mumbled while eyeing the new and improved Beatrix. Her hips were wide, boobs were bigger, butt was plumper, and waist was tinier. She wore a black satin bodycon dress with sparkly heels to match her diamond necklace her mother gave to her. Her platinum blonde lace frontal was slayed to the gods and her makeup as well. Zane thought her new tattoos made her look even sexier. She had Phoenix and Ziggy's name and birthday on either wrist, and roses on her shoulder.

"Zane, my arms are getting tired," Beatrix sighed. "Can you get at least one car seat?"

"Y-Yeah," he said grabbing both of them. "My bad."

Beatrix made it inside the apartment and help Zane get situated with the twins. "Hey West."

"Girl, where you going?" West frowned.

"A date," she smiled when she got the reaction she wanted. "I'm playing. Tatiana wanted me to come to some club with her."

"Aye B, lemme talk to you for a minute," Zane said.

Beatrix rolled her eyes. "I don't have a minute, Zane."

"Honestly, I don't care," he shrugged. "Like I said I need to talk to you."