THIRTEEN

"Stop being scared and jump," Zane coached while recording Beatrix. She was at the edge of jumping into a waterfall type pool.

"Okay," she said in fear. She took a deep breath and jumped, while screaming at the top of her lungs. Zane laughed and watched as she climbed back up the ladder.

"Now was that bad?" Zane smirked while putting a towel over her.

"It was fun," she smiled. "Just not something I'll be doing again. I damn near drowned."

He chuckled while walking back to the bar close by. They both sat down and Zane ordered a Strawberry Daiquiri.

"Did you talk to the people about the housekeeper?" Beatrix asked while drinking a water.

"Yeah," he nodded. "She won't be a problem anymore."

"Weird ass," she mumbled. Beatrix couldn't help but to think about the strange young woman. "I hope so."

"Oh," Zane said as if he remembered something. "Tatum pregnant ass gotta live with us until she have her baby. I almost killed ya nephew."

"No," she said sternly.

"I wasn't asking," he said with an attitude.

"Well I'm telling you," she shot back. "Choose....Me or Tatum?"

He just shook his head and continued to drink his daiquiri. "Why you tripping? You acting like y'all wasn't just best friends."

"That girl put her hands on me," she said rolling her eyes. "What you mean?"

"I'm pretty sure that Dynasty girl made your life a living hell," he scoffed. "But I see you kept forgiving her."

She looked at her with sadness filled in her eyes and turned another way. "Fuck you Zane."

Zane didn't mean to come off the way he did, but Tatum was his little sister and he was going to always protect and defend her. Truth be told, he'll put his sister before Beatrix.

"Ight, fuck you too then," he shrugged. "Just know you lost yo privileges of getting the D."

•••

Due to Zane and Beatrix little run in, they cut the trip short. It was going on two days and they still haven't said a word to each other. They were now in Detroit, picking up the kids.

"How was the trip?" Faith smiled. "I wish I was invited."

"It was very nice," Beatrix nodded. "Very tropical....I just had good time while it lasted."

Zane sized her up quickly and rolled his eyes over to Tatum who had came with her luggage. "You ready?"

"Yes I am," Tatum sighed.

Beatrix looked at her then back at her mother. "Wait what you say?"

"I said I hope you're staying until you go back to school in February," Faith said raising her voice.

"Oh," she said. "Well that doesn't sound bad, do it?"

"But you not, so..." Zane trailed off. "And the kids ain't staying either."

She mentally rolled her eyes and blew out air to calm down. "I guess I'm not staying."

"I understand," she sighed. "You have a family."

"We ain't married," she said with an attitude while arching her eyebrow. "I'm not staying because I have children who need to be around their father."

"That's how you feel?" Zane frowned. "Ight bet.....co-parenting it is."

"What? You breaking up with me?" Beatrix said furrowing her eyebrows.