FIFTEEN

Professor Ogilvie just looked at Beatrix and back at the road as she silently cried and sniffed.

"So the father of your children dropped you off on the side of the road or your friends?" Professor Ogilvie asked to kill the silence.

"The father of my children," she mumbled.

"Um, you wanna talk about it?" He asked.

She shook her head and began to cry a little harder. "I'm just heartbroken and I feel like I have no escape."

"Heartbroken?" He reiterated while pulling in his driveway.

Beatrix was about to answer him but she answered Zane phone call instead. "Hello?"

"Where you at?" Zane asked irately.

"If you cared, you wouldn't have left me on the highway," she cried. "Like what is wrong with you? First, you sit up here and pour your heart out to me then I wake up to a slap in my face. Talking about lil bit. How you wanna be with that girl and stuff. Like you don't know how bad I wanna cut you off from seeing Ziggy and Nixie. Bye Zane."

She hung up and got out the car. Making her way over to Tremaine who had got out the car while she was on the phone.

"Everything good?" He asked. She shook her head and hugged around his torso. He was a little confused but he accepted her hug hugged her tightly. "You're going to be alright."

•••

Zane had met up with his grandma at the hospital to visit Tatum. It was kind of weird since Faith was Tatum's child great grandmother and Zane's first nephew.

"Is mom and dad coming?" Tatum asked O'Shea.

"No," he said dryly. He was really upset that he wasn't doing his job of protecting his little sister from boys.

She sighed and looked over at Zane who seemed bothered. "You okay?"

"Mhm," he nodded and watched her hold his nephew, Kingston.

"Where is Beatrix?" Faith asked. "She haven't answered my calls."

"I'm right here," Beatrix sighed, stuffing her hands in her pockets. She started giving everybody a hug except for Zane, Lavender, and Tatum.

"You looking good," O'Shea smirked. Beatrix was too upset to entertain him so she came off as a bitch.

She snatched Nixie away from Lavender. Lavender frowned and stood up. "What is wrong with you?!"

"This ain't the time or place for you to get yo butt whoop, but you can always catch me outside," Beatrix said with an attitude. "Come on ma. Get Ziggy."

Faith was shocked at her comment but she quickly grabbed Ziggy and jogged a little to keep up with Beatrix.

"Can I go?" Ziyanna asked Zane.

"No," Lavender answered for him. "Why you don't wanna stay with me?"

Ziyanna frowned and sized her up. "I don't know you."

"You can go with her baby," mama Ro said in a irritated voice. She felt like it wasn't Lavender's place, at least not yet.

Ziyanna grabbed her backpack and ran out the room. Zane just rubbed his temples; he was beyond stressed out.

"Um what's going on?" Tatum asked cluelessly.

"Zane's baby mother is a lunatic," Lavender spilled. "She hated me since day one."

"Doesn't sound like Beatrix," Tatum said looking off with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, maybe it's jealousy," she shrugged flipping her hair over her shoulder. Mama Ro scoffed and shifted in her seat.