Chapter one*

"Charlie, come down this minute"

I decided to ignore my brother's call for me. Hearing his voice automatically gave me a headache.

He called for me again, and I knew that if I didn't want a bigger headache it would be better for me to just go and do what he wanted me to do now rather than later.

Usually when he calls for me, it's because he wants me to do something for him. There are times, I'm emotionally exhausted and ignore his calls. He doesn't really come to my room to check if I'm ignoring him or not. He would usually just does it himself but then would make a mess which I have to clean after.

I rolled my eyes and sigh for the 100th time today. I was tired of going downstairs to do his bidding. And I had to do it if I didn't want to hear his yelling. I rolled off the floor and struggle to get up. By the time I was up on my feet, I was out of breath.

I had a bed and I broke it couple months ago. I apparently overgrew my bed. I didn't bother asking my brother for another because I already knew the answer to that. I didn't ask anything from him anymore, he quickly taught me that I couldn't depend on him much.

I slowly made my way downstairs and as soon as I made it down to the living room, I felt the familiar eerily feeling travel through my soul when my brother gives me his usual cold glare. I couldn't dare to look up at his eyes. Couldn't bare seeing his dark blue eyes filled with hatred and anger. Hatred and anger towards me.

How it changed. So much from what it use to be. There was once a time that my brother eyes were filled with joy and much love. Now the brightness is overshadowed by the darkness. He used to smile more, laugh more, and joke around more. Now he's ruthless, almost emotionless and cold. Especially towards me.

Tom Jones was my best friend even with the four years age difference between us. He was the best brother anyone could ask for, would give me piggy back rides if I got to tired of walking, buy ice cream with his pocket money even though I finished mine with sweets that I only brought for myself.

I never liked thunders and those days, he would make a fort in the living room and tell me funny stories to distract me from the booming sound coming from outside.

There were times he would want to be alone with his friends but wouldn't say anything when I followed him. Sometimes he would beg me to stay home and would promise to take me next time but I would always cry and he would end up taking me anyways.

Of course there were times we argued. We were loud and childish but he would always apologise. He would never hold grudges. My brother was a lot like my father but all of that changed when I was twelve.

I was having a bad day. It started in the morning, I just felt a bit off and I couldn't understand why. I just didn't have a good feeling. I asked my father if I could stay at home but since I wasn't ill and couldn't really explain what was going on with me, my father said no.

So I went to school, but I was late so I had detention at lunch. Then I forgot to do one of my homework which meant another detention after school. Amy my best friend completed her homework but when she saw that I didn't have mine, she just gave it to some kid that never did his homework for some reason making the kid's day.

After detention, Amy and I had to walk home. The weather wasn't the best. It was raining and I was getting wet and my hair was starting to fizz out.

Amy was talking to me about some boy that asked her out. When she wasn't talking she was singing. Unlike me, Amy loved the rain. She started to grab me to whirl me around, trying to cheer me up.

I tried to get with the mood so I let her. It wasn't working but I laughed at the right time and smiled to please her. Then Amy just froze mid step making everything come to a halt. She stood frozen in her step and at first I thought she realised that I was faking my happiness for her but she wasn't even looking at me.