Chapter twenty seven

I didn't think having this conversation in the hospital was smart so after my big mouth brother reveal the big secret to the twins before I could even say anything, I had to take them to somewhere no one would listen and somewhere they felt comfortable and safe in.

The ice cream shop.

Yeah I'm a sell out.

There was music playing at the background. Soft, calming and happy.

"I don't want ice cream"Cameron mumbles.

"But they got your favourite-"

"What did Uncle Tom mean mama? I want to know that" my son cuts me off

"How about I get you-"

"We don't want ice cream!"he snaps

"Hey speak for yourself"my daughter snaps at her brother. Then turns to me "can I have strawberry please with chocolate sauce"

"Sure sweetie"

I get up and order the twins favourite ice cream before receiving them and going back to the table where they were waiting.

"Thanks"Cameron mumbles taking his from my hand.

"I know you're upset. It's the only reason why you are getting away with this attitude"

"I'm just confused"he stumps down.

"Why can't you guys just be four"I sink back to my seat.

"Because our mum is an Ace wolf and our father is an Alpha. Apparently we were born to be smartass"he replies.

"And pains on my ass. Also don't say ass!"

"You just said ass twice"he points out.

"I had a stressful day. I'm allowed to say it"

"You think I didn't?"

"Look I can't go in to depth about it. Think of it like you're too young to know the full story. I'm not ready to tell you gets about it. I will tell you the PG and less messy version. You cool with it?"

"As long as it is the truth"he shrugs.

"I'm from this pack. Redwood has been my pack from birth. It was great at first. But then something just changed and it become a nightmare. My family just disappeared and nothing was going great. Many people were mean to me because I was different maybe? My brother and I didn't get along so people started to treat me wrong"

"Why?"

"I hid the truth from him. He blamed me. He was hurting and I didn't see that because I was busting thinking I was saving him. Protecting him from pain but I recently realised that I was just aiding the pain. He started to act like he hated me and others believed he did so they tried to treat me horribly so they get in the good books with Tom. Tom however didn't know about this."I paused.

"Mummy if it makes you sad. You don't have to tell us"Lily says softly.

"No I have to tell you guys"I took a deep breathe and the continued.

"I knew Calvin since I was a little girl. I never really spoken to him but he had always been kind to me. He was uncle Tom's best friend so he was always around. Five years ago Calvin and I got to...um.. know each other better. Just one night. It was a special night because we found out we were soulmates"

"Soulmates?"both asked in unison.

"Two people who share the same soul. Perfect Match. Other half of each other blah blah blah. Anyways Calvin was in a bad place. He was stressed so he said that we couldn't be together. I knew that it was time for me to leave"