Chapter 1

Warning!
This story may trigger readers who suffer from anxiety, depression or PTSD. There are many mentions of domestic abuse, self harm, self loathing, suicidal thoughts and tendencies. If you are easily triggered or bothered by such content, proceed with caution.
~W. D. Girl

Frisk's POV:

Finally.. After all those attempts we're free!

The sun was rising as the monsters made their way to the top of Mt. Ebott, where they would finally see the light of day. They all stood in line and observed the rising sun. All of them commented on its beauty. Papyrus soon stormed off to make a good first impression, acting like the kid he used to be. Then followed Undyne, Alphys, Asgore and finally, Toriel. She was the last one to leave. She offered me to stay with her.

By this point in time, I have gotten too attached to her to just say goodbye, so I said I would stay with her. She was thrilled when she got my reply. I told her I'd be joining her as soon as I got enough of the view. Toriel nodded and headed down the mountain to meet with the others. There was only one person left... Sans..

"Hey, kid. Nice job keeping us all alive this time."
He said with a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. He knew about all my attempts.. I offered him a sympathetic smile, but he didn't buy it. I wanted to tell him I'm sorry, but he didn't want to stick around for that. With a sigh, I joined the others. Sans was the last one to arrive, mostly keeping to himself and staying in his own world.

The town was slowly waking up, cars filling the streets, children of all ages returning to school, mothers taking their babies on a stroll... Mom..
I looked at Toriel and held her hand. She gave me a warm motherly look and held my hand closer.

A scream sounded from the distance. It was panicked as if whoever the owner was, was in distress. Afraid.

"Monsters! Someone help!"

They screamed, and soon, we were surrounded by curious onlookers, who as expectedly, called the police. Toriel held me protectively behind her as she tried to reason with all the other people.

"They kidnapped a child! Someone help them!"

A male stated as I was pulled away from my monster family.

"Leave our Frisk alone!"
Sans pulled me close and glared at other people who had taken me away from them. The police arrived at the scene. They were armed with guns and handcuffs. Some policemen aimed directly at the monsters, shaming them for who they were and what they did in the past. As an ambassador, I had to do something.

I stepped forward and tried to reason with all of the accusing people. They didn't pay attention to me since I was only a child.
It didn't help me that I was mute. Nobody even understood what I was saying. One of the policemen had shoved me to the side, making me fall onto the ground. Sans and Papyrus were by my side in an instant. Papy helped me get up while Sans was snapping at the guy who had supposedly hurt me.

I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't bear seeing my race and my friends at each other's throats like that. Another policeman took out his gun and shot into the air, trying to calm down the commotion. Such an action only startled the monsters more, causing a fight to form. Asgore and Undyne were back to back while fighting off their attackers, Toriel and Alphys fled back to the top of Mt. Ebott, while Papyrus and Sans were trying to protect me.

Papy had picked me up and carried me where Toriel and Alphys have gone, despite my constant struggle and protests. Sans was already fighting everyone within his range of attack. People were screaming, crying, while all I could do was watch. For such a calm skeleton that Papyrus was, he had a pretty strong grip. I looked back at Sans and saw a man sneak up behind him. It could only lead down a bad path.