➖chapter two➖

just picked a random date in the past, doesn't matter :P

————————————————————————————————

Around 1,000 Years Later

Davina opens her eyes and sees that she's lying in a closed casket. She pushes the top open with a groan and looks around the room. There's another casket right next to hers, so she lifts the lid and sees Freya lying there.

"Freya? Are you awake?" Davina pokes her, unsure if Freya's still in her deep sleep. When she doesn't respond, Davina frantically looks around the room and sees one more casket in the corner. She takes a quick peek inside and sees that it's Dahlia. She slams the lid closed and glances around the room. It was pretty dark since there were no windows, but the door was visible.

Davina contemplates on whether she should escape and eventually decides that it would be best. She couldn't bear it if she got trapped in another deep sleep. She notices a blank piece of paper on a table and quickly writes Freya a note. Davina places it in Freya's coffin, hidden enough for her to find it but Dahlia won't.

Davina then rushes out of the room, leading her into a living room. She realizes that they were in an abandoned house. She easily finds her way out of the house and makes it to a nearby road.

She treads pointlessly down the road, not knowing where she is or where she's going. Suddenly, a car comes down the street, startling her. It's been ages since Davina's seen any mode of transport, and this was new to her.

The car slows to a stop next to her since she was walking right in the middle of the road.

"Excuse me, lady, you're blocking the road," the man tells her.

"I'm sorry, I...can you tell me what the date is?"

"Don't you have a phone? Look it up there," the man responds, looking a little annoyed. "I have to be somewhere, so-"

"What is a phone?"

"Are you kidding me? What century did you come from? A phone, you know, something you use to call people?"

Davina chuckles nervously and shakes her head. "I've never heard of one before. Can you at least tell me where we are?"

"You wanna know where we are? We're in the damn town of Mystic Falls. My advice? Get out of the way before you get hit by a car." The man then speeds away in his car, leaving Davina more confused than ever.

Apparently, she was still in Mystic Falls, but it looked nothing like she remembered. Roads curved around the forests, which were familiar to her at one point. Now, Davina didn't know anything or anyone in the town.

The wind suddenly starts picking up and the street lights begin flickering as Davina panics. She runs her hands through her matted hair, unsure of what to do. Deciding that it would be best to go back into town, Davina follows the road leading back. She makes sure that she's not walking in the middle, though.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina finally arrives at what looks like the town of Mystic Falls. It was nothing like she remembered, so she was just wandering around aimlessly.

The villages she knew were all torn down and only modern buildings remained. Davina didn't know where to go. She didn't have a home or anyone to call family anymore. At least, she didn't think she did. The only person she was ever close to through the years was Freya, and Davina just left her in a coffin.