➖chapter seven➖

Davina groans and rolls over in bed. Unfortunately, she rolls smack-dab into a body and her eyes snap open. She glances at Kol, who's still sound asleep, and smiles slightly. He looked weirdly peaceful, something that was rare these days. Davina couldn't remember the last time she had truly felt at peace.

Someone's phone suddenly dings, so Davina picks up the one laying face-down on the floor. She realizes it's Kol and that Klaus was contacting him. Trouble on the way to you, prepare to use the Gilbert kid. Davina assumes he's referring to Jeremy, which only makes her frown. She looks back over at Kol, who's now sitting up and looks fully awake.

"What are you going to do to Jeremy?"

"I'm not sure what you mean," Kol tells her, looking a bit confused. Davina points the phone screen in his direction so he can read the text.

"What does this mean? Use the 'Gilbert kid'? You better not be planning to hurt him," Davina warns, narrowing her eyes.

"Relax, darling," he replies and gets out of bed. "He's just leverage. Hopefully, he won't end up as collateral damage by the end of this."

"Not reassuring, thank you very much," Davina sulks and walks over to examine the marks on her legs. "Okay, note to self, never sleep with jeans on again. Now, I've got nice patterns pressed into my legs."

"Pfft, you could've just slept pantless," Kol suggests with a smirk.

"Yeah, no, thanks, I'm not you," Davina replies with a roll of her eyes. "Can we get something to eat? I'm hungry."

"So am I," Kol murmurs. "To be honest, I'm starving. Haven't eaten anything since before we left yesterday."

"Didn't you pack any, uh, blood bags?"

"That would be a no."

Davina practically slaps her forehead. "Why not? Did you just plan on chewing on a few people along the way?"

"Well, love, that's kind of what I do. The fresh stuff is so much better than a blood bag. You know the feeling when the life begins to drain out of their body, and yet, the blood is still nice and warm..."

Davina shivers and shakes her head. "That's disgusting. And, for the record, I don't know what that feels like, nor would I ever like to."

Kol just shrugs and grabs his jacket. "Your loss. So, where are we headed?"

"Uh...I don't know," Davina sighs. "Do you think the diner we went to yesterday serves breakfast?"

"I bet," Kol murmurs and bites his lip. "Come on, let's go." He exits the room, leaving Davina a bit bewildered before following him.

———————————————————————————————————

"Are you serious? They're not even open," Davina exclaims, feeling a little outraged. She peers into the dark diner and sees that it's completely empty. "Well, we didn't come all this way for nothing, so...Kol?" She notices that he's disappeared from next to her. Not too far away, she can hear the sound of someone presumably dying.

With having no doubt that Kol was currently chowing down on someone, Davina rolls her eyes and then silently casts a spell on the door, unlocking it. She steps inside the diner and notes that it's still wet, which means it's slippery.

She turns around and sees Kol standing right behind her, making Davina shriek. "Oh, my god! Don't do that! You know how freakishly paranoid I can get," She chastises.

"Don't do what," Kol asks with an innocent look plastered on his face, though the blood near his mouth kind of ruins it.

"Please tell me that you didn't just kill someone," Davina sighs. When Kol wipes the blood away but doesn't say anything, she sighs once more. "Right. Okay, I'm going to make my own breakfast, and you're going to help me. Considering I don't know how a stove works, this should be fun." She makes her way to the kitchen, taking care to evade the puddles.