➖chapter twenty-eight➖

only two more chapters after this one :)
———————————————————————————————————

"Klaus and Elijah are in New Orleans?" Davina raises an eyebrow at Rebekah, who simply nods in return.

"With the werewolf that Nik knocked up. Hayley is her name, I believe."

Davina snorts and looks at Rebekah in disbelief. "You're telling me that Klaus Mikaelson is gonna be a daddy?"

"Whether he wants to or not, a baby is quite possible in our future. They want me to join them, but that would be a foolish thing to do. Pack up my life here and leave it for good before I got the cure."

"Rebekah, maybe the cure is just...not in our abilities to retrieve at the moment," Davina murmurs. "It might take ages to get it. To be honest, I don't want to waste my life trying to get the thing when it very well might end up in the hands of Elena. My one and only goal should be to bring your brother back from the dead, and I don't want that to be in this town."

"So you're saying that you think it would be a good idea to follow my brothers to New Orleans?"

"I'm saying you should consider it. Um, Stefan texted me, said that Elena was being starved, so I'm gonna go over and see how things are coming along."

"I thought you hated Elena. Why do you care if she gets her humanity back?"

"Even if I hate Elena, I don't hate all of her friends. She needs to get her humanity back so they don't suffer any more from her treacherous behavior. I'll be back soon."

———————————————————————————————————

Davina enters the Salvatores' basement to see Damon locking the safe. "We can do this the nice way, or we can do it the other way. Either way, we're not stopping until you get your humanity back. So, I'll let you think about that and come back in a couple of hours or a couple years, because all we have is time."

"Wow," Davina comments. "I like your determination. I don't share it, but I like it."

"Good, you're here. You can babysit the safe with Stef over here, while I go get a drink," Damon states before leaving the room.

Davina purses her lips as she looks at Stefan. "You actually think this is gonna work?"

"It's the only plan we have at the moment," he shrugs. Caroline suddenly bursts in the room.

"Where is she? I wanna see her."

"We're not letting anyone see her. That's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery, which leads to emotions," Stefan explains.

"She's been here for days and hasn't improved at all?"

"She's being fickle and stubborn as hell, Care," Davina remarks. "Sadly, I can empathize about the feeling of losing someone you love. Not to mention she also attacked her friend and killed a waitress."

"But how is torturing the way to help her?"

"It's not torture, it's an intervention," Stefan corrects. "The only chance we have with her is to provoke her, to trigger something. Fear, anger, self-pity, anything."

"Let me talk to her before any more intervention-ing. If she's weak, she can't hurt me. Please, just let me try," Caroline pleads.

Stefan hesitantly nods and glances at Davina before exiting. "Knock yourself out, but I'm not leaving the room. Apparently, Stefan stuck me with supervision," she sighs.