➖chapter thirteen➖

"You seem really chipper today," Bonnie points out as they get out of the car. She had invited Davina to come with Elena, Damon, and herself to Whitmore. For Elena and Damon, it was mainly to teach her how to feed, but Bonnie wanted to see a professor that took her Grams' spot. She thought it would be fun for Davina to tag along.

"Yeah, I am," Davina smiles as they walk onto the grass.

"Any particular reason why," Elena asks curiously. Damon just rolled his eyes, as if he couldn't care less. Nine times out of ten, he didn't.

"Guys, chipper is just Davina's mojo in general. Don't question it," Damon says, making Davina roll her eyes.

"Bonnie, are you sure with us crashing your trip for...blood reasons," Elena inquiries.

"If I could spell you out of wanting blood, I would, but I can't, so you better learn this now then at freshman orientation," Bonnie tell her.

"Something tells me that college isn't in my future anymore," Elena sighs.

"Oh, stop with the pity party. If I could go to college, you can go to college," Damon comments.

Davina stares at Damon skeptically. "You went to college?"

"Sure, plenty of times. I always had a thing for sorority girls," he smirks, making all of the girls scowl.

"Gross," Bonnie mutters.

"You're disgusting," Davina points out.

"I know," Damon smiles. The girls walk off and Damon trails slowly behind them.

———————————————————————————————————

"When I say the word 'witch', what pops into your mind?" As Professor Shane teaches, the girls and Damon enter the classroom. "Halloween costume? Villain of a fairytale? Maybe an ex-girlfriend? Well, whatever image it is, it's probably not Tanyell Soso of Montego, Cameroon."

The four of them take a seat. Elena and Bonnie stare at Professor Shane, clearly intrigued. "Is that him?"

"Yeah," Bonnie nods.

"He's kind of...," Elena trails off.

"Hot," Bonnie finishes, causing Elena to smile and Damon to roll his eyes. Davina doesn't seem to be paying attention to anything they're saying, her focus only on Professor Shane's teachings.

"Now, in reality, or at least in this reality, witches appear to cross every country in history. They're the architects of the supernatural, responsible for everything that goes bump in the night. From ghosts to vampires to doppelgängers."

"What is this guy, witchipedia?"

Elena laughs, but Bonnie and Davina shoot them glares. "Shh, shut up."

"Now, if you're skeptic, you'd call that a coincidence. But, if you're a true believer, you know that there's really no such thing. It scares the crap out of us."

"What if I'm a ripper," Elena frets to Damon.

"You're not a ripper," he assures her.

"But what if I am," she worries, clearly not convinced.

"Well, then pick someone and we'll find out. Stoner guys are no good to grab. They're too paranoid, and you don't want the extra buzz. Now, she is a fun-size, a tutor. Geeky girls are inherently suspicious of anyone that's nice to them. What you want is the little, blonde, pretty girl. Self-absorbed, easily flattered, you just have to separate them from her group and make your move."