➖chapter nine➖

Davina smiles contently as she lays in bed with Kol. She only felt truly blissful when she was with him, not that it surprised her. Her phone suddenly starts to ring from the nightstand, causing Kol to stir. Davina cringes at the volume of her ringtone, which could've very easily woken the whole house up, had there been anyone else in it.

She takes her phone and looks at the caller ID, curious as to who would call this late. Seeing as it's Jeremy, Davina takes her phone and slips out of the room to answer.

"Jeremy?"

"Davina, hey. I didn't know if you'd pick up. It's pretty late," he tells her, though sounding a bit worried.

"No kidding. Did you need something?"

"Not at the moment. Um, I just called to let you know that Elena's in the hospital," he explains.

"What? I thought she was okay," Davina practically whisper-shouts.

"So did I, but she fainted and her nose was bleeding heavily. Meredith is taking care of her, and she'll be able to come home in a few hours. I just wanted to let you know, in case you wanted to visit or anything."

"Yeah, thanks, Jeremy. I appreciate you calling me. Let me know when you bring her home, and I'll meet you there."

"Sure thing. Sorry for waking you," he apologizes.

"It's fine. See you soon." With that, Davina sneaks back into the bedroom but stops when she realizes that Kol's already awake. "Oh, did I wake you?"

"Partially, but no worries. Everything okay, love?"

Davina crawls back into bed and begins plucking at a thread on the shirt she's wearing, which was Kol's. Obviously. "Elena's in the hospital, so I'm going to visit her in a few hours." She could practically hear his eyes rolling.

"At this time of night? They must understand that you need your sleep, darling."

"I know, I know, but I'm glad that I got the call. Elena's my friend, so, you know, I worry."

Kol sighs and tenderly kisses Davina on the shoulder. "Another thing I admire about you - your tolerance for those people. No matter, you can go be with your friend if that's what you want."

Davina smiles at this and places a sweet kiss on his lips, which quickly turns into something much more passionate. The two of them then continue what they started earlier that night.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina enters the Gilbert house and sees Elena laying on the couch. Caroline's fussing over her, which almost makes Davina laugh.

"Davina, hey," Elena greets with a smile. "True friends are the ones who show up to your house at three a.m. after they get back from the hospital."

"I wanted to make sure you were okay," she giggles. "Jeremy told me that you fainted?"

"Yeah, it was just because I had a headache. Really not a big deal. I'm feeling fine now." Elena's about to get off the couch when Caroline pushes her back down.

"Uh-uh. Doctor says rest, you rest," Caroline chastises. "Now, what can we get you? Maybe some tea? Or vodka?"

"Both will help you sleep," Davina says enticingly.

"How about some tea with vodka," Caroline suggests, grinning slyly. This makes the three girls laugh easily. "Hey, D, not to change the subject, but it looks like you've got a bit of a sex-hairdo kinda going on there."