➖chapter twenty-four➖

third chapter that's going up today and I quite like this one :) the votes are also much appreciated, so thank you

———————————————————————————————————
"No offense, but I'm not really invested in the whole 'let's get Elena's humanity back'," Davina tells the Salvatore brothers as she sits in their living room.

"Look, Davina, I know we're asking a lot here, but you're the one person who can get her under control if she gets out of hand. I mean, she can't beat a thousand year old witch," Stefan points out.

"She can't beat two-century year old vampires either," she replies.

"Yeah, but we might be a little hesitant on the punishments," Damon says. "You, on the other hand, won't care."

"I don't want to babysit an emotionless vampire," Davina exclaims in exasperation. "What I should be doing is getting out of town."

Caroline comes into the room in a bathrobe and looks at Davina. "Come on, I don't want to babysit her alone. But, I think that bringing her to school will be a good idea."

"Why are you here," Damon questions.

"Uh, blame it on your fancy water filters," Caroline answers. "Your house has the only vervain-free showers in town."

"Oh, yeah. The mayor put vervain in the town water supply." Damon clicks his tongue while shaking his head. "So many people to kill."

"Yeah, my mom says it's about to get worse, so she could use a little help."

"Fine, I'll go after the psychotic doppelgänger. Stefan, you wanna talk to the Sheriff?" Stefan nods, so Damon turns to the two girls. "You two, take her to school."

"I don't-"

"Sounds like fun," Elena says as she walks into the living room. Davina glares at her before sighing. "What? Nothing like you guys haven't seen before."

"I haven't seen you get butt-naked before, Elena," Davina grumbles. "And frankly, it wasn't on my wish list. Get dressed, we're going to school apparently." With that, she stalks out of the Salvatore house.

———————————————————————————————————

"Why am I pretending to be a high schooler for the second time?" Davina shuffles down the hallway full of teenagers and looks at Elena. She watches her pull off a flyer for Jeremy's memorial before grabbing the one advertising the school cheerleading team.

Davina turns to Caroline who was currently talking to Matt. Elena approaches them and shows Caroline the flyer. "I have an idea. Can you get me my old spot back on the cheerleading squad?"

"Because that's not the lamest thing ever," Davina mutters under her breath, making the three of the look at her. "What? I didn't come for moral support, I came to babysit. Excuse me." She pushes through more teenagers to get to the bathroom. Unfortunately for her, Davina ended up in the one with urinals.

"What the—this is the men's bathroom," some guy exclaims, quickly pulling his pants up.

"Yes, I realize that now, thank you," Davina tells him sarcastically. She turns and exits the bathroom, only to bump into another guy. "Okay, what-"

"I'm sorry, that was my bad. Uh, I didn't assume a girl would be coming out of the men's bathroom..."

"Trust me, neither did I," she grumbles. "Is it too early to ditch?"

"Um, first period hasn't started yet, so probably."

"Perfect," Davina says and heads straight towards the exit. Once she gets outside, she leans against the wall, as this was not what she wanted to do with her day.