➖chapter fifteen➖

Davina sighs as she kneels next to Jeremy's still body. She knew that this would happen, and yet, she didn't say anything. Jeremy was lying dead on the couch because Elena stabbed him in the neck with a knife. The hallucinations were just going to continue until Elena decided to end her own life.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?"

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Elena glares at Damon. "You should've called Stefan."

"I don't want to talk to him right now. He's been lying and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget who knows what."

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kind of trumps that," Damon tells her. "And you should have called Stefan."

"I don't trust him right now, Damon." Stefan suddenly enters the house and comes over to the living room.

"Hey. What happened?"

"P.S., we called Stefan," Davina mumbles.

"Why didn't you call me," Stefan asks Elena.

"I just...I need to go upstairs and shower. Get all this blood off my hands," Elena says before walking out of the room. Jeremy gasps back to life just then and looks around.

"Welcome back. How are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

"Long story, buy the EBook," Damon remarks.

——————————————————————————————————-

Davina and Damon are cleaning up the blood in the kitchen when Stefan enters. "Where's Jeremy?"

"School," Davina answers. "Bonnie has him volunteering for some occult exhibit."

"Or maybe he just didn't want to linger in a house where his sister tried to jam a knife in his neck," Damon points out.

Stefan's phone suddenly rings. He looks at it before glancing at Damon. "It's Klaus."

"Ooh, time to face the music. Pay the piper, dance with the devil," Damon chuckles. Stefan looks at Davina hesitatingly before turning back to Damon, who just shrugs at him. "I don't think he'll care if she knows."

"Just answer the stupid phone," Davina sighs.

Stefan picks up the call with a grim expression. "I don't want to talk about it...well, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't sworn me to secrecy..." Davina then plucks Stefan's phone out of his hand.

"Klaus, you're an idiot," she tells him on the phone."

"Oh, Davina, love. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"I know you're looking for the cure. I figured it out on my own, so no need to kill anyone. I'm sure you know the Hunter's dead, but...Elena's hallucinations have started, so we need to have a talk. Where are you?"

"The exact spot you are. The Gilbert household." The doorbell rings, making Davina roll her eyes. She ends the call and hands Stefan his phone back.

"Care to tell us what the hell is going on," Damon asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Stefan...come outside. Klaus doesn't know that you know, Damon. Keep it that way," Davina tells them before opening the front door and the two of them walk outside.

"You know, this would all be a lot more civilized if I was just invited in," Klaus tells them.

"Not happening. Now, Elena has the Hunter's Curse, but I never learned how to stop it," Davina explains.