➖chapter eleven➖

Davina's phone rings, making her smush a pillow over her ears. The noise continues, and eventually wakes Kol.

"Why does your bloody phone always ring in the morning," he grumbles, turning over in bed.

"I don't know. Here, just..." She takes her phone and throws it in the closet before closing the doors with her magic. "There."

"Well, I'm awake now, so might as well not bother to try and go back to sleep." Kol stretches and sits up, making Davina groan.

"I don't want to get up. There are no problems when you just lay in bed," she complains.

"How about this. I'll make you breakfast, so when you're ready to get up, there will be food waiting for you."

"You're the best," Davina murmurs and turns her head into her pillow. She hears Kol chuckle and leave the room. Unfortunately for her, she can hear her ringtone going off again in the closet. She gets up and shuffles over to the closet. "Hello," Davina greets groggily once she retrieves her phone.

"Davina, I need your help," she hears Elena desperately tell her.

"Elena," Davina murmurs and rubs her eyes. "What's wrong?"

"I can't keep any of this animal blood down," Elena sighs. "It's not good."

"Did you tell Stefan?"

"I can't do that. He thinks I'm doing good with my feeding. I don't want to let him down. Please, don't tell him," Elena mumbles.

"Why are you even drinking animal blood in the first place?"

"Stefan thinks that if I start with it from off the bat, then I'll be able to get adjusted to it easier. Please, can you just help me?"

"I don't have any experience with blood," Davina tells her. "Maybe you should call Damon."

She could practically hear Elena's hesitation on the other end. "Okay. There's one more thing. Did you hear about the explosion set at the barn?"

"What? No," Davina answers with concern. "Who did it?"

"I don't know, but it killed the entire Town Council," she replies. "The funeral for all of the council members is later today. Could you come?"

"Um, yeah, sure," Davina agrees against her better judgement. "Listen, Elena, you're going to need to tell Stefan about the blood eventually."

"I know...but he brought me champagne and everything. I'll call Damon and see if he could help me."

"Okay. Good luck with that," Davina says before hanging up. She then goes downstairs into the kitchen and sees all of the food laid out in front of her. Her eyes light up and she looks at Kol with admiration. "You did all of this?"

He gets off the stool and stands behind Davina, wrapping his arms around her. "All for you."

"I love you," she declares and looks him straight in the eye.

Kol raises an eyebrow at her. "Had I known I'd get that reaction out of you, I would've made you food a lot sooner."

"Not just for the food. For everything you've done for me in the past couple of days. I love you," she smiles. He stares at her in shock for a moment before pressing an affectionate kiss to her lips. Not wanting the food to get cold, their make-out session didn't last as long as it could've been.

———————————————————————————————————

"You don't happen to want to attend a funeral with me," Davina murmurs as she grabs a black dress from her closet. "Do you?" She glances at Kol, who looks like he's going to burst out laughing.