➖chapter five➖

Davina stands on the Mikaelson porch, shivering slightly. She waits a moment before hesitatingly ringing the bell. Rebekah is the one to answer the door and looks at Davina with a smile.

"Davina, love. What brings you here?" She notices that Davina's cold, so she steps aside and lets her in the house.

"I thought I'd stop by, see how things were going. I mean, it's not like I've got anything to do today. Elena's at the hospital with Alaric right now," Davina explains and plops herself down on the couch.

"Something wrong with Alaric, huh? What a shame," Rebekah sardonically comments.

Davina looks at her skeptically. "No need to be like that. It's not my business if you have beef with Elena, but I care about Alaric, too. We all want him to get better."

"You may want him to get better, but I personally do not care. He can go rot with Elena in hell if he'd like," Rebekah remarks, making Davina roll her eyes.

"Okay, someone seems a little grumpy today. Care to spill your sorrows to me, everyone's favorite therapist?"

This makes Rebekah smile slightly and she sits down next to Davina on the couch. "If I tell you this, you need to promise not to tell any of the Mystic Falls gang, alright?"

"Why, is it bad?"

"It could be very bad for us, Davina. There's some white oak floating around this dreadful town," Rebekah tells her. Davina's eyes widen and she frowns.

"You could die," she murmurs quietly. From all of the information Davina had acquired in the last couple days, this was the one fact that stuck in her mind. White oak is lethal to the Originals. "Okay, that gives me something to do today. I can help you look for it."

"Oh, I know where it is, love," Rebekah says. "We just have to get rid of it before anyone else finds out."

"Um, okay. Where is it, then?"

"Wickery Bridge," Rebekah responds with a smirk. Davina nods and the two of them head out the door.

———————————————————————————————————

Davina walks aimlessly around the grounds while Rebekah talks to Damon and a red-head. Thoughts of Freya have been floating around in her mind for a while. She wondered when she would wake up from her deep sleep and rejoin her family. The chances of that happening were slim, considering that she'd probably wake the same time as Dahlia, leaving her trapped.

She keeps thinking that maybe if she had just grabbed Freya's body, they could've made a clean getaway together. But Freya would be dead weight since she's unconscious. And besides, Dahlia could just use her magical link to find whoever escaped from her. This thought hadn't crossed Davina's mind before. She could be found by Dahlia anytime, anywhere. Cue the crippling paranoia.

"Davina." Davina whips around to see Rebekah looking at her strangely. "I've been calling your name for the past minute. Are you okay? You look a little pale."

"Um, I'll tell you when I don't feel so...freaked out, I guess," Davina tells her. "Why were you talking to Damon Salvatore and his red-headed friend?"

"Not friends, just old flames." Rebekah makes a disgusted look before continuing on. "Her name's Sage and she kind of had a thing with Finn."

"Finn? Really? Is that why she's back in town?"

"Yeah, she was hoping to bump into him, but Finn hauled himself out of here as fast as he could with Mother, so there's not a chance at a reunion for the sappy lovebirds," Rebekah remarks matter-of-factly.