Chapter 18: Memory Lane

Quinn was desperately looking everywhere for Rachel, maybe it's the alcohol or the blunt she had but she has to talk to Rachel. Quinn pushed past the dancing bodies as she finally saw Rachel but stopped once she saw Finn holding her while Rachel was talking to him. Quinn hates to admit it but they actually look like a normal high school couple. Quinn bit her lip anxiously as she saw Rachel softly smiling up at him. Quinn bit her lip anxiously while moving to the other side of the house so she could eye Rachel and Finnept a bit more. Rachel looks stress free to Quinn, like she has nothing in the world to be worrying about. She shouldn't have anything to worry about and yet she's worrying about Quinn every second of the hour. Rachel told her she doesn't like Quinn getting high or drinking but that's all Quinn has known for the better part of three years. For the past week she's been going out and not caring what Rachel might be up too. Rachel said they needed a break so got dammit she's giving her one, but Rachel is calling and texting every minute. Here Quinn is confused as all hell. Does Rachel see Quinn as nothing more than a friend now?! I mean sure she did let Quinn kiss her yesterday, but maybe that's because she's just attracted to her. Of course why didn't Quinn think of it before?! Rachel now sees that she is just one big problem that she just can't fix. Shit Quinn wouldn't want to be in a relationship with herself either. All she does is get high and drink. Quinn can feel herself slowly go insane, all these thoughts running through her mind like a hurricane. Quinn gulped as she tried to steady herself suddenly getting dizzy. Ok maybe she shouldn't have smoked weed from an unknown kid at this party, that was a mistake. Quinn keeps looking at Rachel longingly until she Rachel finally looks up and catches her eyes. Rachel immediately got up from Finn, she watched as Rachel apologized to him and quickly walked to where she is. "There you are! Quinn I must say that performance was...interesting but nonetheless amazing." Rachel said hesitantly holding hands together in front of her body. Quinn swallowed weakly shifting around nervously on her feet, "Y-Yea um Rachel we uh need to talk."  Rachel's face morphed into a nervous smile, "oh? What about Quinn?" Quinn sighed, "come on let's go outside it's too loud in here." She said grabbing Rachel's hand softly and pulling her outside.

As Quinn pulled Rachel outside in the backyard in a secluded area, Rachel started to get nervous "what's wrong Quinn? Is everything okay? Are you okay?" Rachel grabbed Quinn's face in her hands quickly searching her faces for any bruises. Quinn chucked as she grabbed Rachel's hand from her face and held them close to her sides, "I'm okay Rach honest, I just need tell you something." Rachel sighed in relief and nodded for Quinn to continue. Quinn bit her lip and looked down at the ground, "I-I think that we are better off not being friends...ya know?" Rachel licked her lips in confusion, "What?" Rachel let go of her hands slowly face full of hurt, "what are you trying to say Quinn?" Quinn groaned in frustration, she needs to do this for Rachel she's gotta think about someone other than herself for once in her life, "what I'm saying is you don't need someone like me fucking up your life for you!" Rachel was beyond confused, "what are you talking about? you are not fucking up my life Quinn." She said with all earnestly trying to take Quinn's hands in hers again but Quinn quickly pulled away, "Yes I am! I can see it Rachel! Just this month that we've been on this "break" I've been getting high and drunk without a care in the world. Then I see you the next day and you're a complete wreck, you call and text me every single minute. I can't keep doing this to you, making you stress out. The only thing you should be stressed about is school not some punk kid." Quinn said sadly looking away from Rachel's soft brown eyes. Rachel huffed and stomped her foot, "I don't care if I get a little strsssed out Quinn. I care about you, no matter if we are dating or not. Yes the drinking and getting high is a problem for me and your health, but I will gladly help you get through this." Rachel said grabbing Quinn's chin and gently lifting her face up to her own. She can't keep doing this, she needs to make Rachel see that she's no good for her. It's better this way, at least that's what she keeps telling herself. I'm sorry Rachel... Quinn shook her head and stepped back in fake annoyance, "I'm am not your problem to fix Rachel! You can't fix me! I'm not a school project Berry and I don't want to be fixed! I wanna get high and drunk with idiots, Because guess what? That's just who Quinn Fabray is baby and I'm not gonna change. certainly not for some high school chick that I fucked once or twice." Rachel gasped in utter shock, tears springing to her eyes "you don't mean that...it's just the alcohol talking Quinn. This isn't you." Rachel said whimpering in hurt, trying to take Quinn's face in her hands again, Quinn pushed her away quickly "Don't you get it Rachel?! This is me! I'm the school womanizer remember? I take what I want, I do what I want. I don't do the right thing! I..I just wanted to get into your pants." Come on Quinn you can do this, be convincing. "I just wanted to know what it feels like to take a virgin, oh and believe me it was way worth the hype." Quinn said smirking at Rachel slyly looking her up and down suggestively. The next thing Quinn saw was Rachel's hand flying across her face seeing tears spilling from her beautiful brown eyes. As Quinn stood there in shock, all she could feel is disgusted "I never wanna hear from you again Quinn Fabray! Don't come to my house, don't talk to me, don't even look at me! I will never be able to forgive you for this and I mean it." Rachel said clutching her purse to her side, quickly running inside the house again leaving Quinn there to bask in the after taste.