Chapter 28: Homecoming And Revelations

Quinn got woken up by her phone ringing, she groaned as she looked at the time on her phone before answering. "What's the scoop Scoot?" She said playfully half asleep. Scooter groaned in embarrassment as his co workers looked at him in amusement. "Hello Quinn I'm on speaker with some of my co workers and just wanted you to know the Almost Is Never Enough music video is up right now. Go check it out kid! I know Ariana is excited about it. How about you post it on your social for your fans as well?" Quinn nodded as she got up to put her shirt on, wincing as she felt the marks on her back from Marley sting a little. Quinn's stomach felt nauseous all of a sudden thinking about what she ended up doing with Marley last night. Quinn sighed as she shook her head to answer Scooter. "Uh yeah sure, listen Scooter I kind of wanted to talk to you about something." Scooter perked up in his seat as he shooed away his co workers from his office. "Yeah sure kid, what's up?" He asked while shutting his office door and sitting back down. Quinn rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "I was kind of thinking that I could get an apartment down in New York this week. I know we're going on tour with Ariana this summer, but I kind of want to be there as much as I can." Scooter nodded as he sighed, he knew this was gonna be about Rachel somehow. "You can do whatever you want Quinn, all I do is tell you when you need to make appearances. Just tell me one thing though...are you gonna be ok?" Quinn heard the concern in his voice and sighed. "I honestly don't know, but well enough to make sure I nail every performance at Ariana's tour so don't worry about that." Scooter didn't get a chance to say anything else because Quinn said she had to go. Quinn ended the call with Scooter and went to take a shower. Quinn then walked downstairs to see her parents were still there, which was a complete shock to her. They had breakfast prepared for her and everything. Quinn looked at them confused all the way through breakfast. It was like they were acting like normal parents for once in their entire lives. "So Quinn, what kind of activities do you do for school? Expect doing music of course." Quinn's mom asked her, genuinely curious. Quinn cleared her throat as she swallowed the delicious pancake that was in her mouth to answer. "Well I'm part of the football team actually. We have the championship game today after school is over-" Quinn's dad decided to interrupt her with excitement in his voice. "Just like your old man I see. Well just so you know we will gladly be going to your game today." To say this was strange for Quinn would be an understatement of the century. "You are?" Quinn asked them in complete shock. They both nodded as Judy reached over the dining room table to clasp her hand over Quinn's. "Of course we are sweety and me and your father are staying for good this time. We realized how selfish we were being these past couple of years and we want to show you that you mean everything to us." Russell nodded in agreement. "You also have every right to be hesitant with us, but just so you know we plan on doing everything in our power to make our family whole again. Even if it means I have to buy you a new car, which is right outside actually." Russel said with a playful smirk as she saw Quinn's head perk up in interest. She didn't even waste time to finish the rest of her pancake as she raced outside. Russell and Judy laughed as they followed an excited Quinn outside. Quinn gasped in shock as she stood there completely still at what she saw. "Holy shit." There stood a black 2019 Porsche in the front of her house.