Chapter 26: Too Much To Ask

So are you guys back together or not Quinn?" Puck asked Quinn impatiently while they walked down their school corridor together. Ever since word got out of Quinn making out with her ex girlfriend Julie the whole school went nuts, including Puck. Quinn stopped in the middle of the hallway with an annoyed groan and turned towards Puck. "Dude for the last time no, now stop asking me!" Puck was about to speak again but Quinn wasn't having any of it and walked away from him. It's lunchtime and already Quinn is annoyed with people at her school. Everyone heard about their new found success thanks to good old Puck and now won't stop harassing them. Sam is being his nonchalant self, aka being his bubbly self. Puck on the other hand is completely loving people kissing his ass. Now for herself? She hates people trying to get in her good graces. People usually tended to flock to her at the beginning of the year and she totally loved it. Now though? She just wants everyone to leave her alone. Quinn doesn't want to be popular anymore, it's just something she grew out of. Ever since she met Rachel it's like she became the person she was meant to be and not the person her parents wanted her to be. Quinn had to let out a scoff at the mention of her parents. They haven't seen each other for half a year now. They usually see each other on Quinn's graduation day. That's how it's always been with them. If Quinn doesn't become successful then they want nothing to do with her. It's sort of a fucked up relationship with them but they don't know how to be any other way. It's been generation and generation of this, it's how her dad was raised and how she was eventually raised. It kind of sucks though, being brought up that way. Seeing her other friends have caring and loving parents while wondering why she didn't. I guess it's why she always wanted to please other people and try to be someone she's not. It's something she's always learned to do but now she's finally broken free of that horrible tradition. "Hey Quinn!" Quinn tried not to sigh at the sound of her voice but she couldn't hold it in. Quinn sat down next to a dazed looking Sam, who was currently too busy drooling over her ex girlfriend to notice the state she was in. "Hi Julie." Quinn said in a monotone voice and continued to pick at her food that was on her lunch tray. Julie frowned as she immediately noticed the state she was in. Julie sat down next to Sam quickly, though she wanted to sit next to Quinn but Sam was hogging the whole lunch table. "Hey are you ok-" before she could ask Quinn if she was feeling alright, Sam interrupted with his bubbly self. "Hey Julie, we have a game next Saturday and I was wondering when we get back from LA this week if you want to wear my jersey to the game?" Sam asked her with hopefulness in his voice, while staring at Julie with his puppy dog eyes. Julie internally cringed but smiled fakely at him, as she was used to making Sam feel as he was more important to her than he initially is. "I don't know Sam, Quinn and I-" once again Julie was interrupted, but not by another bumbling idiot. "I'll see you guys later." Quinn said with a heavy sigh and stood up taking her tray with her to the garbage can and eventually leaving the cafeteria. Julie frowned watching as Quinn left her. She thought they were back together again, but whenever she would bring the conversation up to Quinn, or even mention it in any way she would find an excuse and walk away from her. Once again she was forced to sit there and listen to Sam's boring speech about how he missed her.

Throughout the rest of the day Quinn couldn't help but stare at Rachel any chance she was given in glee club. Rachel looked carefree and happy, maybe that was because they stopped talking all together. After Santana's party she would try to talk to Rachel but it seemed to Quinn that Rachel was avoiding her like she was a new found virus. Now she's stuck watching Rachel from afar like a lovesick puppy. "Quinn if you stare at her like that any longer she might grow angel wings." Santana whispered teasingly into Quinn's ear while she watched Rachel dance along with Finn to Brad playing the piano. Quinn scoffed under her breath and looked away from the scene. "Shut up Santana." Santana laughed under her breath until Brittany shoved her non discreetly with a pointed look. Santana huffed but didn't bother Quinn anymore for the rest of glee club. Quinn was hoping everyone would just leave her alone, but Julie had other plans apparently. Julie was currently dancing with Sam but she stopped looking over at Quinn and frowned. Sam raised his hand for a high five towards Julie, but she went straight to Quinn making Sam look at her confusedly. "What's wrong Quinn?" Quinn stiffened at the question and shook her head. "Nothing, just tired I suppose." Quinn suddenly stood up and looked at Mr. Schue. "Hey Mr. Schue, is it cool if I leave early?" Mr. Schue nodded while high fiving a still confused Sam. Everyone said goodbye to Quinn, except for a now silent Rachel as she left the room quickly. Julie stood there with a confused look on her face, but soon ran after Quinn. Rachel frowned as she saw Julie run after Quinn, no matter how much she wanted to be the one to run after her Quinn made her choice pretty loud and clear. Santana laughed loudly at that making Brittany shove her again.