BTS Part 1

Mabel woke up with a huge yawn. Yesterday had been painful, to say the least. Her parents had also been worried when she came home exhausted and upset. They had rushed her right to bed, not caring about the last few late-night customers that were still in the building. 

Thinking of that last night, Mabel kind of wished that she hadn't been so quick to snap at Dipper, even if he had been mean to her (which he hadn't, he was trying to apologize).

Mabel thought about all the events again and again as she got dressed, absent-minded as she took a white shirt, a grey overcoat, black leggings, old brown boots, and of course, her amulet.

The amulet..Mabel still thought she had much to learn about the amulet, but then again, she still needed to finish the journal. She had only really used the journal to look up facts and stuff about the amulet so far, but she now felt this undying need to read it all the way through, and find out who in the world wrote it.

Mabel sighed. She sounded paranoid. Mabel decided she would try to go to the library today. After all, Dipper and his dad were in custody, so there was no need to be scared...right?

Wrong. Mabel would now always have a fear of the library in this strange town she had been forced to move too a while ago. The town was nice, sure. But things were not at all what they seemed in Gravity Falls, and that's what scared Mabel.

The unknown. The fact that studying the journal today might take away some of that feeling of unknown comforted Mabel, and she grabbed a backpack, putting the journal, a pad of paper for notes, and a pencil in the backpack. 

Mabel was ready to go now. She was ready to head into the unknown, face first, and hopefully have no regrets as she went.

Mabel took a glance at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess. Who cared! she had to get going. Mabel took one glance at her room, smiled softly, and closed the door, walking through the hallway, and down the stairs.

"Good Morning, Mom and Dad!" Mabel called as she arrived downstairs. Her parents greeted her with a huge hug. Mabel chuckled.

"Morning, honey. I know your about to go out into town, but please eat this before you go" Carla said, offering her daughter a plate of cinnamon buns. Mabel smiled. A while ago, if you had asked her to eat that, she would have frowned and turned away, but she was not apposed to eating anymore. Mabel sat down at a nearby table to eat.

"Ok, mom." Mabel agreed, digging in. The soft deliciousness of the bun sunk in, and Mabel groaned, digging in more until they were all gone. Mabel smiled, and held a hand up as her mother began to speak again.

"Yes, I'll brush my teeth before I go,  and before you ask" She laughed, getting up. Mabel rushed upstairs into the bathroom, making sure to brush her teeth very well, and do her mouth wash, and then rushed back down, picked up her bag, thanked her parents, and went on her way.