TBP Part 2

Mabel worked the whole day, trying to get over the fact that she wouldn't ever get a chance like this again. Mabel was now on the last customer of the day. Mabel didn't recognize him until she got closer.

It was Gideon Northwest. He was a kid who always sat in the back of the class, only talking to people he liked, and felt comfortable with. Mabel could admire that. Mabel approached him, smiling, trying to look as friendly as she could.

"Hello, Gideon! What would you like to order" Mabel asked, the words a bit close and jumbled together. Mabel mentally slapped herself. She shouted like a idiot. Gideon just smiled.

"I would like the bacon. Thanks Mabel." Gideon ordered, giving her his menu. Mabel felt a bit disappointed that he didn't make more conversation with her. As she turned to leave though, he called her back.

"By the way..Mabel, how are you feeling? I-i heard what happened....Dipper's horrible for doing that to you. I'd never do anything like that to a girl like you" Gideon blurted out. He then gasped, realizing what he had said, and covered his mouth. Mabel just giggled.

"I'm doing fine, thanks. And, Gids-If I can call you that- I am sure you wouldn't,  you good guy" Mabel joked, blushing a bit. 

"Of course you can call me that, and it's good to hear, Mabes. Now, it was nice talking to you, Mabel" Gideon said. Mabel blushed at the nickname, and ran across the room and gave her parents that order, flustered. Her parents had watched everything though, so they just laughed when they saw their flustered daughter rushing across the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Mabel slipped on a grey hoodie and ripped jeans and boots again, and groaned as she got on the bus. She had brought her phone, and she was listening to Someone Gets Hurt from Mean Girls, when they arrived at the school. People greeted her at first, and her teachers were happy she was back, but Mabel noticed it died down after a few minutes.

Mr. Ritter was boring, and cheerful as usual. Mabel almost fell asleep, if it wasn't for Pacifica talking about her upcoming party that she was throwing later that day, and talking about Mabel's birthday, she would have fallen asleep. 

"So, Mabel..do you have a phone? I can't remember if I asked you before, so just in case" Pacifica whispered. Mabel nodded.

"Whats your number?" Pacifica asked. Mabel took out a piece of paper, and wrote her number down. Pacifica nodded.

"Thanks" Pacifica thanked.

"No Problem, Paz" Mabel said, wondering if she meant it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mabel got home, all she wanted to do was collapse and read her journal, but her parents had demands, and her phone had been blowing up from Pacifica's texts.

Mabel did the chores, and answered all the texts, but when that was all said and done, time was out for her to have time to herself. Mabel groaned.

Just one thing. She just wanted to do one thing in her life right now, and she couldn't even get that done. Not to mention, she had a full list of other things she had to do this week now.

Mabel was about to scream in frustration, when the world suddenly turn grey.