Kitten

Clint closed his eyes as right light attacked his retinas. The air changed, it became fresher and didn't have the same smell as the palace did.

He opened his eyes and gasped slightly. He was looking at the most beautiful garden he has ever seen. Plants that he hadn't even known existed blooming with trees holding ripe apples and oranges.

Clint stumbled slightly into the sunlight.

Where was he? Why was he here?

A slightly older Loki comes walking into view, humming a soft tune. Clint watched as the small boys humming stoped as he turned and looked into a bush. His eyes widened before he looked around. No one else was in the garden and so the boy quickly scooped something up, turning and racing into the palace. Clint followed after him.

He entered the small boys room just before the door was closed and locked. Loki quickly went over to the bed and placed whatever he had gotten onto the bed.

One tiny kitten lay on the bed, it's body was a pure black. The kitten meowed softly before looking up. It's face was adorable. One half was pure what while the other was black. It got to its feet and stretched, showing off its white chest and front paws.

The kitten had one bright green eye on its black side and one black eye on its white.

"Hello there." Loki cooed, gently rubbing the kittens head. The small animal purred and pushed against his head. Loki sat in front of the bed, crossing his legs and watching the tiny baby.

"Aweh." Loki mumbled.

"Father doesn't allow us to have pets so you'll have to stay quiet and you can not leave my room understand?" Loki stated with a uncharacteristic seriousness.

The kitten meowed softly and jumped at Loki's hand.

"Alright. What should I name you?" He questioned. The kitten continued to chew at Loki's hand.

"Champion?" He questions and the kitten meowed at him.

"Champion it is!" Loki exclaims and the kitten jumps at Loki's face, nibbling on his nose slightly. Loki giggles and pets the kitten again.

Clint smiles. It was an adorable sight.

Clint's eyes widen and he cursed himself out. What was he thinking? This was his enemy and if he could he would strangle the bastard.

Time shifted and soon Clint was alone in the room with Champion. The cat was bigger now, but not by much.

The door creeped open and Loki and Thor walked into the room.

"You mustn't tell Thor." Loki hissed and Champion meowed at him, sitting up and expectantly waiting for the head scratches he would soon get. Loki went over to the bed and scooped up Champion.

"I found him a few weeks ago. He was alone in mother's garden. Thor look at his eyes! His face!" Loki exclaimed, nuzzling the cats head with his own.

"I won't tell." Thor promises but Loki watches him with narrowed eyes.

"Have faith in me brother! When have I ever broken a promise?" Thot exclaims and Loki frowns. The two sit on Loki's bed, talking about the days before.

"Oh loki I've made new friends!" Thor exclaims.

"Really?" The younger questions. He didn't want his brother to ignore him in favor of the new people.

"Yes. They call themselves the warriors three! And there is Lady Sif." He explains.

They continue to talk about Thor's new friends and weather or not loki would get a chance to meet them.