Impossible

"I do not understand why I cannot take my brother home!" Thor booms, gripping his hammer tightly. He was in a room on the hellicarrier with all the other avengers, minus banner and Rogers. Fury was glaring at him with a narrowed eye and the others sat in silence.

"You cannot take him home because we need to fix the things he's messed up-" Natasha starts only to be interrupted by tony.

"What agent Romanov is trying to say is that your brother is stuck here until she gets her hawk back-" he's cut off when the door opens for the other two men to enter. Coulson straightens up quickly upon seeing Steve.

"How is he?"

"Drugged and asleep." Bruce answers as Steve heads straight to the other blond.

"What were you thinking!?" He snaps, ready to tear into this man, "yanking an injured and traumatized man out of a plane!?"

"Calm yourself mortal." Thor growls, holding his hammer up to Steve, he just bats it away like a fly.

"Loki had multiple broken bones, bruising and scars all along his body. We took longer then normal to photograph the evidence as he is in an unstable mindset and would have most likely lashed out at anyone else trying to see his body." Bruce speaks quickly, Steve getting tony to help set the tv up. A moment after turning on the first picture loads onscreen, it was a picture of one of Loki's bones pressing against the skin surrounded by a dark bruise.

More photos similar to that one appeared and they got progressively worse as uglier wounds made themself known to the people in the room.

"It is all a glamour," Thor scoffs, "my brother is a gifted sorcerer and his skills reach no bounds."

"You can't fake wounds to this extent. Nor can you pull off the act of them actually hurting." Bruce states, glaring at Thor.

"My brother-"

"Is am injured and traumatized man who is not working under his own options." Steve states.

"Thor, what color are your brothers eyes?"

"Green."

"His eyes are green blue in the pictures." Tony points out and Thor finally stops to truly take in the photos.

"I-it is but a trick-"

"That's close to the same color Barton's eyes are." Nat speaks, causing everyone to quite down for her.

"Just a bit greener, so he must not be fully under control like the others."

-

Loki's mind was foggy, it felt like it was stuffed with cotton. He could feel the tendril that connected his mind to the tesseract and the other pulse in anger at the fact that he wasn't doing anything. Other tendrils connected him to the people under the cubes control. If he felt inclined to he could look into his hawks mind, his hawks and the scientist and anyone he so chose too.

He didn't. He didn't want to be connected with them anymore, he wasn't their leader.

The tendril throbbed now, sending an almost blindingly pain through his system.

He wouldn't obey anymore, unless the other decided to double his control, loki would allow the pain to increase until he passed out. Then, perhaps, the pain would get so bad it'll kill him. He doesn't know how long he stayed sitting there for the avengers to come back, for Steve to bring him to the bed he promised.

He doesn't care, not really. The cot he sat on was more then comfortable for his aching ass. He didn't dare lay down yet, not wanting to make the lashes on his back throb any worse then they already were.

He startled badly when the door opens with a loud click in the quiet room, eyes darting to the new comer before focusing on his knees.

It was the widow, Natasha Romanov, and his hawk had quite a relationship with her. Many memories such as the incident he referred to simply as "Budapest".

She doesn't speak as she walks over to him, crouching on the floor in an attempt to make eye contact. He doesn't look at her, eyes staying glued to his knee.

"Loki." She speaks with a weirdly gentle voice. It makes him shiver, from his hawks memories he knew that voice was used for frightened children. For when she tried to sweet talk someone with kindness.

"Loki, were going to ask you a few questions more before bringing you to your room to sleep. How does that sound?" She continues with that stupid coddling voice.

"I am no infant." He snarls, slumping forward in an attempt to intimidate her, "pathetic mortal. I do not need to be coddled like I'm a mere hundred year old invalid toddler."

She watched him with a blank face, hiding her emotions behind the mask as she studies him.

"Say something woman!" He snaps, tired and uncomfortable of the blank, calculating space. He didn't trust it, his heavy breathing pointing to his anxiety.

"I'm sorry loki. Now can I ask you a few questions?" She says, voice normal. Using same tone she uses for Clint. It calms him and his beating heart, his hands tightening around the fabric he wore.

"Bed." Loki mumbles, eyes moving away from the spider in front of him.

"Just three questions loki."

"Fine." He grinds out, teeth clenching.

"What happened on your home planet?"

"No."

"Loki please answer the question."

"No."

"Loki-"

"I was a stolen relic that Odin wanted to use! Is that what you want to hear you pathetic mortal!?" He snarls, jumping to his face and causing Natasha to stand properly.

"I was thrown aside for the golden child and taught to hate myself! Is that what you want to know!? Then when Odin fell into the Odin sleep, Thor was banished and I was forced to play king! For once I thought I could do but then the pathetic golden boy came back! He threw everything out of order and I realized-" he stopped to breath heavily, "I realized there was no need for me to still be there so I let go. To bad I couldn't die correctly!" He all but whispers that last part, trembling where he stood.

"I would like to go to a bed now." He murmurs.

"Two more questions-" loki lunges, knocking into Natasha and throwing her to the ground, surprising the widow and allowing him to get one up on her.

"No more questions!" He screams, tears cascading down his face as the connection throbs with his emotions. He shoves the heels of his palms to his eyes, squeezing them shut as he tries to block out the multiple whispers that wouldn't just shut up.

"Ok, ok no more questions-" the door opens just as Loki collapses to his knees, groaning as he head continues to throb.

"Leave me alone, leave me alone..." He whispers, the tears still falling freely.

"Come on loki, lets bring you to a bed." A voice, Steve's voice, speaks up. He flinches and hits his head on the wall behind him when Steve touches his shoulder. The man winces before helping loki to his unsteady feet and leads him out of the room and down a long corridor. They stop at the end and Steve opens the door, letting loki walk in on his own. The room was small, a door leading to the bathroom was opposite of the bed. Along with the bed the room contained a dresser and a small kitchen area. Loki ignores it all and heads to the bed, falling into it without another thought.

He's asleep before Steve leaves the room.