Chapter 2

'Why don't you tell me? After all you are the one who kidnapped me.' I responded.

'Oh this one has fire, my name is Rose, since Elijah will probably kill you when he gets here I suppose there isn't an issue with telling you my name.' Rose replied.

'I think I'll stick to calling you Alice and your little minion Jasper. As for Elijah killing me, I wouldn't bet on it sweetie. Now I appreciate you knocking her out, she's a tad too chatty for me. I won't cause you any problems, I'll just sit here patiently awaiting this Elijah fellow.' I sat on the couch at the end of my little speech as she stared at me with a shocked expression on her face.

'Have you any idea what I could do to you? How strong I am? How old? And what's stopping me from compelling you?' She replied in disbelief that I wasn't terrified of her.

'What five hundred years give or take a decade? So you could snap my neck a little easier than your average vamp I suppose, but you don't scare me, oh and as for what's stopping you from compelling me, I can't be compelled, darling.' I leaned back on the couch with a smile, crossing my legs, looking very relaxed when in reality I was mapping out the best escape plan I could for when Elena woke.

'Oh so you take vervain.' She scoffs.

'Something like that. You might want to check on your little friend, I can hear his anxious pacing and it's quite irritating.' She glared at me and then wandered off to find her friend. They talked about nothing for awhile and then Elena woke up again, as I hushed her again I heard them talk.

'Did you contact Elijah?' This was Jasper. Elena was creeping down the hall towards them, I tried to tell her not to but she didn't listen, I stayed where I was listening intently.

'I contacted one of his contacts, you know how it works Trevor. Whether or not the message gets to Elijah we shall have to wait and see.' Alice explained.

'Then it's not too late, we can leave her here, we still have time. We don't have to go through with this.' I could smell his fear from here.

'I am tired of running.' She sounded exasperated, I believed that she was tired of running whole heartedly.

'Running stops us from dying.' Yeah and from really living, I think I agree with the gamble Alice is making.

'Elijah is old school, he accepts the deal, we are free.' I heard a creak and winced, knowing Elena was caught.

'You! There is nothing around here for miles. If you think you are getting out of this house you are tragically wrong.'

'Who is Elijah?' Elena asked hesitantly.

'He's your worst nightmare.' Rose replied seriously. I doubt that very much, he sounds like a stand up dude.

Elena followed after Rose. 'Why am I here?'

'You keep asking these questions like you think I'm going to answer them.' Rose replied, clearly uninterested.

'Why won't you?' God Elena, will you never learn?

'There's another one.' Hmm I might actually like you Alice.

'Look you got me, It's not like I can go anywhere the least you can do is tell me why you want me.' She's relentless.

'I personally want nothing, I'm just a delivery service.' Kinda worked that one out already but thanks for confirming it.

'Delivery for who? Elijah?' Obviously.

'Two points for the eavesdropper.' Rose responded with a little laugh. And the werewolf who figured that out hours ago.

'Who is he? Is he a vampire?' Hmmm probably.

'He's one of the Vampires. The Originals.' Rose revealed. Oh, this just got infinitely more complicated. The originals were involved? We are so screwed.

'What do you mean the Originals?' Elena asked, had the Salvatores taught her nothing?

'There you go with the questions again. Haven't the Salvatores been teaching you your vampire history?' Clearly not my dear Alice. Actually they might not even know themselves, I never did ask.

'So you know Stefan and Damon?' Elena asked, ah always comes back to the brothers.

'I know of them, hundred years ago a friend of mine tried to set me up with Stefan, said he was one of the good ones.' Ah yes, Saint Stef. 'But I'm more of a sucker for the bad boys truth be told.' Amen to that.

'Who are the Originals?' Ugh this again.

Rose sighed. 'Trevor and I have been running for five hundred years, we're tired, we want it over. We are using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess.' Ah so little Elena is a bargaining chip, smart.

'But why me?' God isn't it obvious yet, Elena.

'Because, you are a Petrova doppelganger. You are the key to breaking the curse.' Ah that's interesting... The sun and moon curse I presume.

'Curse? The sun and the moon curse?' Elena questioned.

'Ah so you do know your history.'

'What do you mean I'm the key to the curse? The moonstone is what breaks the curse.' Somehow I doubt it is that easy or it would have been done by now.

'No the moonstone is what binds the curse. Sacrifice is what breaks it.' Alice states matter of factly. Uh oh, I do not like the sound of that.

'Sacrifice?'

'The blood of the doppelganger. You are the doppelganger.' Really don't like the sound of this. 'Which means, in order to break the curse, you're the one who has to die.'