Chapter 28

When we get to the house I can hear the brothers fighting and when we get to the living room it's to see them going at it. 'Stop.' Elena yells and they let each other go.

'Now you've invited him in?' Damon complains.

'Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal.' Elena informs the brothers.

'Really?' Damon responds sarcastically.

'The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return.' Elijah says.

'What?'

'An apology.' Damon is not going to apologise to him, like, at all.

'A what?' Damon asks in disbelief.

Stefan approaches Elijah. 'I'm sorry for the part I played in your death. I was protecting Elena, I will always protect Elena.' He says. Great, the doppelganger strikes again, joy.

'I understand.' Of course you do, you have love two out of three doppelgangers. Damon was shaking his head.

'The sacrifice is going to happen, Damon. Bonnie will be able to kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save my life. I told you I'd find another way. And I did.' Elena says to him.

'Is that true?' He asks Lijah.

'It is.'

'And you're trusting him?' This was towards Elena.

'I am.'

'And I always have.' I add. 'He can be trusted Damon.'

'You can all go to hell.' He leaves the room as I sigh, he's too stubborn to trust Elijah.

'He's angry with me right now, but he'll come around.'

'No he won't Stefan, and you know it.' I tell him before Elijah and I leave to go back to my house.

When we get there I invite him in before telling him to make himself at home as I make myself some dinner in the kitchen. Once I've eaten I join Elijah on the couch and see him reading one of the books from my shelf.

'Elijah.' I call to him and he looks up. I lift my wrist, offering it to him.

'Jamie, no.' He tells me adamantly.

'You need to feed, you were dead this morning and two blood bags are not enough. I don't have any blood in the house and I'd rather this than some random innocent person on the street. Besides, I heal fast, remember?' I counter and he looks reluctant. I allow my fangs to grow and bite into my own wrist, offering it to him again. He looks tempted and finally gives in.

Taking my arm delicately he sinks his fangs into my wrist, drinking my blood for only a moment or two before he lets go. I don't feel dizzy or anything so I know he didn't take too much. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and looked at me. 'I wish you wouldn't do that.'

'What are friends for?' My wrist is already healed. 'It didn't hurt and it's healed already, I'm fine and you have some of your strength back, it's a win win.' I assure him. 'Tomorrow is sure to be a long day so I think I'm going to go to bed. The spare room is upstairs on the left.' I tell him as I rise from my seat. 'Goodnight Lijah.'

'Goodnight Jamie.'