Chapter 13

I had chained Tyler up and he was beginning to sweat, I knew he was starting to really feel it. I was running a little hotter myself, the feeling of the moon flowing through my veins in a wonderful rush of power. 'What time is it?' He asked.

Caroline checked her phone. 'It's almost eight.' She answered.

'We have a while until the moon hits its apex. Because this is your first time it might happen before then, I won't lie it's going to be painful, there isn't really any telling how long you will be a wolf though, it varies.' I inform him as he paces, he nods to say that he heard me.

He started to freak out a little and he collapsed onto all fours, I knew it was because he was panicking. Caroline went over to him and soothed him, stroking his hair back until he was calm once more.

As time went on Tyler got more and more agitated and his bones started to break. 'Caroline now is the time for you to leave.' She backed up but didn't leave.

'It hurts. God it hurts.' He whimpered.

'I know, I know.' I soothed approaching him, kneeling down in front of him. I flashed my eyes at him and it seemed to calm him a little, knowing that there was another wolf nearby.

'I want to help but I don't know what to do.' Caroline says as he lay there.

'There's nothing you can do. Get out Care I don't want to hurt you.' He tells her as another wave begins.

'No.' She moves closer to him and hugs him to her body, brushing his hair as he writhed in pain. 'I am not leaving you.' What she was doing was commendable, stupid but commendable.

Throughout his transformation she stayed to soothe him until he started really changing which was when she sped out, locking us in the cellar. I could hear her just outside, crying as Tyler pulled the chains from the ground.

'Breathe Tyler, fight through the pain.' I call out to him, he leaves me alone mostly, not bothering to attack me but he does growl and snap sometimes. My eyes are a brilliant blue now. As he suffers through in so much pain, going out of his mind. As he looks close to completing the transformation I shed off the rest of my clothes, leaving me bare and then close my eyes as I let my own shift happen. For me it's as easy as breathing, between one heartbeat and the next I went from human to wolf.

I keep him occupied, as he snarls and tries to get to Caroline. I growl and stand my ground at the gate, stopping him from going any further. Pushing him back when necessary. I stopped him from breaking through, calmed him down a little and he eventually moved to a corner and lay down. I lay down by the door, making sure that he couldn't get out. He turned back not long after, buck naked and curled in on himself

'Caroline.' He called out. And I could hear her scrambling around, opening the door and coming back inside.

'Tyler.' She sounded relieved and I shifted out the way for her to go to him. She collapsed on the ground near him, picking up his jacket from the floor and covering him as she hugged him. 'You're okay, you made it. You didn't get out. You're okay.' She soothed him.

'No I'm not.' He was crying. I whined lowly and Caroline looked to me, I nodded my head towards the door.

'Go I'll take your stuff to the Boarding house later.' She said and I turned and ran. Leaving her to comfort Tyler as I bounded through the woods, enjoying what was left of the full moon. I managed to kill several deer on my travels and then curled up next to a tree near the falls, just falling asleep to the sounds of nature.