Chapter 4

Elena looks over at him, startled as he continues. 'This was a mistake.'

'No, I told you I would get us out of this, you have to trust me.' Rose assured him.

'I would listen to Alice, she seems to have her head screwed on straight and this gamble is the only thing that will save your lives.' I piped up. Though I went ignored.

'No he wants me dead Rose.' Trevor was panicked beyond belief.

'He wants her more.' Rose stated.

'Ah yes the very rare, much sought after, human doppelganger.' Once again ignored.

'Then you give her to him, he'll have mercy on you, I have to get out of here.'

Rose grabbed him. 'Hey, what are we?' She looked at him and I could sense him calming down slightly.

'We're family. Forever.' Aww sweet. Delusional but sweet, Trevor wasn't going to survive the night.

'You're scared.' Elena said as a knocking echoed through the house.

'Of course they are Elena, the Original they've been running from for five hundred years is at their door, I mean come on.' She sent a glare my way and I shrugged in response.

'Stay here with them. And don't make a sound.' Rose told Trevor before leaving the room.

'Rosemarie.' I heard a British voice say from the door. 'Is there somewhere we can talk?' Oh he sounds all sexy, I bet he's sexy.

'Yes, through here. You'll have to forgive the house.'

'Oh please.' He swung the door closed. 'What's a little dirt?' Hmm, he's mocking her, it's subtle but it's there. 'I completely understand. So tell me,' They are moving through the house, 'What gives you the courage to call me?'

'I want my freedom, I'm tired of running. Are you in a position to grant me that?' What? He works for someone else? Another Original perhaps?

'I have the authority to pardon you and your little pet- What is his name these days? Trevor,- if I so see fit.' His tone is bored, he's toying with her.

'Katerina Petrova.' I could tell that that gained his attention, he smelled surprised and curious.

'I'm listening.' And feigning disinterest, smart.

'She didn't burn in the church in 1864.' I wish.

'Continue.'

'She survived.' Clearly.

'Where is she?' Huh, that's not what I was expecting.

'You don't seem surprised by this.' My thoughts exactly.

'Well when you called and invited me to this armpit of civilization, a mere three hours from the town we know as Mystic Falls, I surmised that it had everything to do with Katerina.' Ah, well, good call Lijah. 'Do you have her in your possession?' Afraid not, sorry hun, but again I wish.

'No. But I have better, a doppelganger.' Thanks Rose, very happy about you forgetting little old me.

'Impossible. Her line ended with her, I know that for a fact.' Elijah argued. Well you would be right if KitKat wasn't such a skank.

'Your facts are wrong.' Rose responded.

'Well show her to me.' Here we go.

'Elijah, you are a man of honour, to be trusted. But I want to hear you say it again.' Rose requested.

'You have my word that I will pardon you.' Ah but no mention of Trevor, you sly dog, you gave yourself a loophole.

'Follow me.' Rose said, leading the way to us. I rose to my feet and Elena copied my movements, shuffling nervously whilst I stood quite relaxed. My bite wouldn't kill an Original but it would disorient him, perhaps long enough for Stefan and Damon to arrive. As a last resort.

He appeared at the top of the staircase and I was right, he cut an impressive figure in a suit. He looked shocked upon seeing Elena's face. He sped towards her but before he got there I had moved in front and blocked him from touching her.

'I might not particularly like Elena, but I have a best friend who would be very pissed at me if she came to any harm. I've heard that you are honourable, your word that you won't hurt her and I will move. Attempt to move me yourself and it won't end well for you.' I say to him.