Chapter 7

Damon drops me home after Elena and walks me to my door. None of them had ever been inside and no one was invited in either, I had secrets and my house was my safe space, they respected that.

I grab his hand and place the necklace inside it. 'Figured you'd want to return this to Elena. I'm on your side all the way, even if I still think Elena is bad for you Damon, she's going to break your heart worse than Katherine ever did. I love you Damon, thanks for coming for me.' I tell him.

'I'll always come for you, you're the only fun one around here besides Alaric. I love you too.' He kissed me on my forehead and then returned to his car.

I unlocked my front door and went inside, allowing myself to fully relax for the first time since I was taken. I locked the door behind me and headed straight for my ensuite bathroom, needing a shower to rid myself of today's stress.

After a long shower, I put on some sleep shorts and a sports a, throwing a zip up hoodie on over the top. Once I has towel dried my hair off, I put it up into a messy bun and then padded into my kitchen upon realising that I hadn't actually eaten anything in over twenty-four hours, luckily I had leftovers in the fridge so I microwaved them and settled in front of my tv.

It wasn't until hours later that an unknown number called my phone. 'Hello Lijah.' I said as I answered it.

'Good evening Miss Parish, you've been expecting my call I gather then?' He sounded vaguely surprised that I knew he was going to wake up.

'Jamie is fine, Elijah, and I knew it was only a matter of time until you awoke, don't worry I'm not planning to tell the others that you are still alive, or that there is a bigger bad out there that we really need to be worried about.' I assured him. I know that the others will find everything out eventually and I will help them but I won't tell them what I know about the Originals, I know better than that.

'And just how would you know that?' He questioned, curious.

'I know a lot about your family, Elijah. Being what I am, you make a point of finding out what other creatures are out there, especially the ones which are a potential threat. And so I came across the Originals, the first ever vampires to roam the earth, alive for over a thousand years. And the worst of them all, Niklaus Mikaelson or I suppose Mikael would be the worst of them though I digress.' I know that mentioning Mikael was bound to cause a reaction.

'You know of Mikael?' He asks, sounding both astounded and petrified.

'Relax Elijah, I know what it is to be hunted, by family no less, I wouldn't dare summon Mikael, no one deserves that fate, not even Niklaus. I mean you and your family no harm Elijah, I swear it and my word is as good as yours. I, like you, am different than most of my kind though while you have family who are like you, I am truly alone. The only one of my kind left.' I explain to him.

'I am sorry that you have suffered and I trust in your word, though I don't understand why you wouldn't tell the others.' He responded.

'If you were a five hundred year old vampire whose family, the person that you have lived with for half a millennium was killed and you yourself couldn't kill the person responsible, where would be the first place you would go?' I prompted him.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Rosemarie.' He realised.

'Exactly Lijah I'd bet my meager worldly possessions that Rose is at the Salvatore boarding house right now telling them just who the big bad that is after their precious Elena is. I needn't say a word. Though I'd imagine that I have more accurate information about the Mikaelsons than almost anybody else.'

'You seem to know an awful lot for somebody as young as you are, I don't like somebody I know next to nothing about having so much knowledge about my family.' He did indeed sound disconcerted.

'I have a feeling we are going to become quite well acquainted Elijah, especially if Niklaus is going to be coming for Elena. I will tell you something about myself though Elijah, if it will help soothe your worries. My bloodline is ancient, about as old as yours and we knew some witches back in the day, they did some of their usual witchy stuff and changed my bloodline forever, the only thing was, as always, the balance of nature, through the generations we can only have one child, this is to keep us from spreading the power we hold across the world, and as such we are an incredibly rare breed, as I said before I know what it is to be hunted by family. I am the last of my bloodline.' I hoped he would pick up the hint I had left for him.

'Your bloodline, it originated in Mystic Falls, a thousand years ago, just as we did. There were rumours around the time of our creation of a new breed of wolves, ones who weren't beholden to the moon.' He theorised.

'I knew you were smart Elijah. It's getting late, Lijah and I have had a very long day. I am quite sure that we will talk again soon.' I wasn't worried about him knowing what I was, I keep his secrets and he keeps mine.

'Farewell Jamie, sleep well.' He said before hanging up the phone. I let out a sigh before heading to bed, it had indeed been a long day.