Chapter 21

'Aren't you a smart one?' He comments, a smirk resting on his features.

'Thing is, I know my friends and I know their scents, they are all burned into my werewolf brain, so when you walked in and you smelled off? I knew you weren't Ric. Fear not, I shan't expose your secret, Niklaus, they won't hear a word about it from me, I swear.' I tell him, much the same way I told Lijah.

'Now why should I believe you?' He asks curiously, head tilted to the side.

'A valid question. We could go with I know about your family, Elijah, Kol, Rebekah, Finn, I know how you keep them daggered, to protect them from themselves, I know that Elijah has lost faith in you, that you have been running for a thousand years, unable to break the curse which locked away a piece of yourself and I know that there is no stopping you, so why should I try?' I tell him honestly and his eyes are wide.

'Who are you?' He asks. And I grin.

'Oh didn't KitKat tell you? I mean you knew my name so I thought she had, and I assume that you knew that I was a werewolf?' He nods. 'And that's all she said?' I check.

'Was there more?' He asks.

'Perhaps.' The bell rings for class. 'I have to go, education and all. I will see you later, Niklaus, tell KitKat hi and don't worry, my lips are sealed.' And I leave him there, with a stunned expression on his face.

When I finally get to lunch I'm walking with Elena and I spot BonBon and JerBear having an intense conversation, I don't bother to listen in on it though, it's probably relationship stuff and I don't want to know. Elena talks to Jeremy about John and Jenna before he makes a speedy exit while I just take a seat and bite into an apple whilst pulling my sketchbook from my bag.

'What's going on?' Elena questions Bonnie as I find a blank page, starting to draw.

'I told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight.' Lie, but I don't worry about it, putting all my focus into this sketch of Nik possessing Alaric. I think to avoid confusion I'm going to name him Klaric, that works.

Dana comes up to us right then. 'Hey Elena, Jamie. There you guys are. Ok. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight.' A Klaric strikes again, wonderful.

'Tell him Elena has a boyfriend.' Bonnie says.

'You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus.' And cue panicking. I sigh and turn back to my drawing.

'I'm sorry what did you just say?' Elena asks.

'His name is Klaus.' Dana repeats. 'I know the name's stupid, but I swear that he's hot.'

'It's actually not that stupid and I'll bet he is.' I pipe up.

'Where is he? Is he here?' Bonnie asks, ignoring my comment.

'I don't know.'

'Compulsion, did you really think he would show his face right now without it?' I point out.

'But he wants to know if you guys will save a dance for him. How cute is that?' Dana gushes.

'It's freaking adorable.' I roll my eyes, putting the last touch on my drawing of a smirking Klaric. 'So Scooby gang meeting at the boarding house after school?'

*

'So we go to the dance. We find him.' Damon says. Bonnie, Stefan and Elena stand near him whilst I'm lying across the couch simply waiting for Klaric to arrive.

'Really. How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like.' Stefan points out. But I do.

'Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply.' Damon says sarcastically. No he is not Day, no he is not.

'He could be anywhere at anytime. He compelled somebody at school.' Saint Stefan says. 'Guess it's not as safe as you guys thought huh?' He throws at the girls as a knock comes from the door and Klaric walks in.

'There you are.' Damon comments.

'Sorry I'm late.' He says and looks at me, I tap the side of my nose, telling him that I haven't spilled his little secret.

'Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone for tonight's dance, Klaus made his first move.' Damon tells him as Klaric walks over to the sofa I'm on lifting my feet before sitting down and resting my feet in his lap.

'Okay. So we find him and then what? Hm. What's our plan of attack?' Elena asks.

'Me.' Bonnie says, shrugging. 'I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel.' Well he does now. Goodbye secret weapon. 'If you can find him, I can kill him.' She continues.

'Why can't the threat be a normal vampire? One bite and it's bye bye bloodsucker.' I comment and the Salvatores look at me along with Klaric. 'What? Look I love you guys and all but seriously if this was your everyday vampire we wouldn't have a problem. But doppelicious over here just had to attract the Originals.' They all glare at me apart from Klaric who had an amused grin on his face. 'Fine I'll shut up, continue discussing the plan to get us all killed.' I waved my hand at them.

'Killing him isn't going to be that easy.' Klaric scoffed. 'I mean he is the biggest, baddest vampire around.' Wow ego much? Surprised he could fit all that into Alaric's body.

'Alaric has a point. I mean what if he-' Damon vamps towards Bonnie who raises her hand and sends him flying across the room and crashing into a table.

'Wow, can you do that again? I forgot to record it.' I say with a laugh. Klaric looked less amused.

'Well, I was impressed.' Stefan comments.

'It doesn't matter if he's an Original, I can take down anyone who comes at me.' Bonnie assures. But somehow I doubt this plan. 'I can kill him, Elena. I know I can.' Doubtful.

We seperated to go and get ready for the dance. I had absolutely zero idea what to wear and I was searching through my wardrobe until I found a black and white checkered dress that was absolutely perfect. Throw on my black combat boots, because tonight was bound to get messy, and my leather jacket and the outfit was complete. I brushed my hair out into it's naturally wavy state and left it at that. I wasn't really worried about how I looked, I was more focussed on how this night was going to end.

The hall actually looked half decent but I hate the sixties, I mean of all the decades. Everyone who wasn't in the know looked like they were having fun, all decked out in sixties gear and dancing to music that wasn't even from the sixties. The whole gang minus Ric and Caroline were gathered by the entrance as Dana made an announcement.

'Hey everybody, thanks for being here. We have a special shout-out tonight. This is for Elena and Jamie. From Klaus.' And as the rest of the Scooby gang exchange looks the song 'Dedicated to the one I love' began to play and I rolled my eyes.

'That was a lame, cheap shot.' I completely agree, Day. 'He's just trying to bait us.'

Elena wasd looking around. 'I know everyone here.' Well yeah, he's possessing Alaric.

'Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is.' Well his body isn't here.

'Guys this is a party. You need to blend.' I comment. 'He'll come to us.'

'Good idea.' Bonnie drags Jeremy onto the dance floor despite his protests. As Damon spots Klaric.

'There's Ric.' Try again Damon. 'We'll be back.' He says, grabbing my arm and taking me with him.

'Special dedication, huh?' Klaric says. 'This guy's a little twisted.' Damon and I both scoff.

'I'm not impressed.' Damon says.

'Yeah he needs to try a little harder.' I comment with a pointed look at Klaric.

'Let me know if you see anything out of whack.' Damon says as he walks away.

'So, not impressed?' He questions me.