Chapter 25

'I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us.' He checks.

'No. I'm sorry.' Elena tells him. So am I, Jonas helped us before.

'And Katerina. She would have been released from my compulsion when I died.' I hope Nik is torturing her as we speak.

'Klaus took her. We think that she may be dead.' Elena informs him.

'Oh, she's not. Klaus is using her for information, besides, he's been hunting her for five hundred years. He isn't just going to kill her. He's going to make it slow and painful.' I remark as Elijah nods his agreement.

'I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him.' She seemed confused, though that isn't new.

'I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay.' He loved her once, ah the curse of the doppelganger to have brother fighting against brother. ' There was a time... I'd have done anything for Klaus.' He touched my temple and sent me into his mind once again.

'From where have you come, Katerina?' Nik asked.

'I'm new to town, My Lord.' Avoid the question much.

'Katerina is from Bulgaria.' Elijah supplied.

'Zdravei, Katerina.' Nik said. Using her native tongue to charm her, he was certainly smart.

She laughs. 'Very good.'

Nik turned to Elijah. 'Do you mind, Brother? I would like to have a moment alone with her.'

'Not at all. Happy Birthday, Brother.' Elijah replied, though I could tell he wasn't pleased.

I was released from his memories as he repeated for Elena's benefit. 'Yes. Klaus is my brother.'

'I heard that. I'm still processing.' She was shocked though I don't know why I mean, The Originals? Is it not obvious that they are a family?

'Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is OMG.' I laughed at his words.

'Lijah, you just made my day.' I smile at him as he grins down at me.

'How are you not surprised by this?' She asks me.

'Oh, I already knew. Just like I knew who Elijah was before we met him, how to kill him, how the dagger worked, who Klaus was... I know everything about him Elena.' She was staring at me in shock.

'And you didn't tell us?' She sounded angry.

'One, I am not stupid enough to cross the original family and two, to do so would be betraying Elijah and I wasn't going to do that.'

'There's a whole family of Originals?' She asks Elijah, choosing to ignore me it would seem.

'My father was a wealthy landowner in a village in Eastern Europe.' Mikael, that guy is bad news. 'Our mother bore seven children.' This I had already known, I had family stories to thank for that and journals handed down over the years.

'So your parents were human?' Clearly Elena, did you think they were born as vampires?

'Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know... We are the oldest vampires in the world.' I can't even imagine living for over a millennium. 'We are the Original family and from us, all vampires were created.' Oohh dramatic Elijah is back.

'Right. But Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?' She clarifies. Yeah this is where I have an issue too. He's never going to kill him, Nik will have a backup plan.

'I need some air.' He says. Getting up from his seat and pulling me up with him. 'I'm still feeling a tad...dead.' He leads me past Elena and towards the door. 'Come.' We head outside to the garden.